Summer Farro Salad is a delicious and easy salad made with hearty and healthful farro, olive oil, lemon juice, zucchini, peas, pesto, and freshly chopped parsley.
- 1 cup farro
- 1 teaspoon salt divided in half
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup zucchini chopped in small cubes
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion optional
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Measure 1 cup of farrow and rinse in a colander.
Bring to boil two cups of water and a dash of salt in a medium saucepan.
Add farro, stir and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer
Simmer for 20 minutes until soft and tender.
Drain any excess water and then fluff with a fork.
Place cooked farro in a medium-size mixing bowl, add all other ingredients and toss well.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 672kcal | Carbohydrates: 95g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 1473mg | Potassium: 648mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1472IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 4mg