Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms are a perfect appetizer for your next party, full of garlic, toasted pecans, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and then topped with a citrus basil dressing. They are easy to make and you can make them ahead then bake just before a party.
- 12 to 14 white mushrooms medium to large
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion finely minced
- 5 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup spinach fresh chopped
- 3 tablespoons pecans roasted, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Start with the dressing so the flavors have time to combine well. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
Remove the stems from the mushrooms and dice them finely. Place caps bottoms up in a baking dish.
Add olive oil to a medium-sized pan and heat over medium heat. Add onions, saute until they are transparent. Add garlic, chopped mushroom stems, spinach, and basil, stirring occasionally until stem pieces are soft. Add sun-dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, and pecans, sauteing for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Place mixture into mushroom caps and bake for 15 minutes or until the caps are soft and brown.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then drizzle Citrus Basil Dressing over the mushrooms and top with chopped fresh basil. Serve and enjoy.