Bring a little Sicily to your table with this delicious Green Marinated Sicilian Olives Recipe. The olives are infused with fresh herbs, garlic, dried oregano, a pinch of chili pepper for heat all smothered in extra virgin olive oil and white vinegar dressing.
- 2 cups green Sicilian olives unpitted or pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup celery coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon chile pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano dried
Rinse olives in a colander under running water. Place the olives on a towl and gently pat dry. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Pour olive oil over the olives and then toss using a spoon.
Add celery, garlic, chili pepper flakes, parsley, basil, oregano, and wite-wine vinegar. Stir until all olives are coated evenly.
Let the olives stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Serve the olives with a sprinkle of fresh parsey and chili pepper flakes on top.
Place any leftover olives in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate. Use within a week.
*VARIATIONS FOR THE RECIPE
- Add one tablespoon of lemon zest
- Mix in 1/4 cup pimento pepper pieces
- If you would like it spicier add 1 cored and seeded diced jalapeno pepper
- My favorite, 1 tablespoon finely diced anchovies
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 33kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 18mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg