Yummy Cheesy Pasta is an easy to make dish using fresh tomatoes, basil, and garlic then generously tossing in six kinds of cheese, wrapping each bite of noodles with gooey cheesy goodness.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti noodles (spiral pasta is good also)
- 3 medium size tomatoes diced
- 1 cup of fresh chopped basil leaves
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of each type of cheese shredded: parmesan, provolone, Romano, fontina, and asiago
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat for 1 minute
- Add tomatoes, saute 2 minutes
- Add basil and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes
- Cook pasta al dente and drain
- In a large serving bowl, mix cooked pasta and sauce together.
- Add cheeses and toss.
- Cover bowl for one minute to help cheeses melt then serve immediately.