FAMOUS AUGUSTA GOLF RECIPES
Bring a little Masters Golf to your table! I have compiled the most famous recipes associated with the traditions of Golf in Augusta. Learn the history behind the recipe, get tips when making the recipe and print beautiful golf themed recipe cards. Your friends and family will love these!
Augusta National Sour Cream Pound Cake is not coated with icing or dripping with chocolate ganache because it's flavor is delectably light and delicious all on its own.
Augusta National shared their recipe in my beloved, stain-ridden pages of Augusta Junior League cookbook, “Tea-Time at the Masters.”. Growing up in Augusta, this was the first cookbook I owned and still holds to be one of my favorites in my collection.
The cake is easy to take to church suppers and picnics or to wrap up and give as a gift. The best part is, it is so easy to make even the novelist baker can whip this up and have a perfect pound cake with just a few simple ingredients.
HOW TO SERVE POUNDCAKE
You can dress this cake up if you would like with sliced strawberry and whip cream or a tart lemony glaze. However, I like mine as a simple cake bringing back my memories of a slice at home during a warm summer's evening. One of the nicest parts about baking this sour cream pound cake is there's more than enough to share. It's a perfect time to show southern hospitality, invite a friend over for a slice and some sweet conversation.
- Masters Pimento Cheese Recipe
- The Masters Egg Salad
- 7 Famous MASTERS Golf Tournament Recipes You Must Try
- Pimento Cheese Crackers (using the Masters Pimento Cheese recipe)
- Arnold Palmer Drink
- Azalea Cocktail
- Green Jacket Salad Recipe
MASTERS PARTY IDEAS
Throwing a Masters Party with your golf enthusiast friends will be easy with these Masters party ideas. Learn simple decorating tips, ideas for what to wear, and recipes to help you serve traditional foods from the Masters.
Looking for easy Golf Party Ideas? Here you will find out how to easily throw a golf-themed party using this simple Golf Party Pack along with some fun tips and recipe ideas.
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It helps others find the recipe! ❤️️ Also, I love to hear from my readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. I'm always looking for new ideas for posts that would help you. Don't forget if you do make this recipe, tag me @intentionalhospitality on Instagram so I can share it with my followers. I would love to see your yummy creation.
Augusta National Sour Cream Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter soften to room temperature *only use real butter!
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounce sour cream
- 3 cups flour plain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar well in a mixing bowl or with an electric mixer.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir soda into sour cream, stirring it in to dissolve.
- Add flour and sour cream to butter mixture.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour (place the cake in a cold oven, and then set the temperature. While baking, do not open oven).
- Continue baking at 325 degrees for 15 minutes longer.
- Cool on a rack for 10-15 minutes and remove to a plate or cooling rack.