Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are gluten-free, thick, soft and chewy packed with sweet peanut butter…
Bourbon and Brown Butter Cookies are full of melt in your mouth caramel buttery flavor with a hint of bourbon to warm your tummy. There is just something about the unique flavor that evolves when you brown your butter. The smell and taste are amazing.
To make brown butter, throw it in a skillet and melt it down until the bits in the bottom get toasty and golden brown. I continually stirred mine until it was finished just to be sure it did not burn. Then I pour it into my mixing bowl and chilled until it reached the consistency of room temperature butter.
You can use brown butter in baking much as you would regular butter, but be ready to be amazed, because adding brown butter will take your food to an amazing level of goodness. It is a miracle ingredient you never knew you had in your refrigerator.Print
Bourbon Brown Butter Cookies are full of melt in your mouth caramel buttery flavor with a hint of bourbon to warm your tummy.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Brown butter, heating in a skillet over medium high heat to melt it down until the bits in the bottom get toasty and golden brown. Continually stir to be sure it does not burn.
- Pour it into your mixing bowl and chill until it reached the consistency of room temperature butter
- Beat on medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy and no visible chunks of butter remain.
- Add brown sugar and continue to beat for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt until evenly blended.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Add bourbon and vanilla, mix on low speed until mixture comes together into a smooth dough. I had to add 2 teaspoons of water at this point to make a smother dough.
- Roll out cookie dough on a floured surface and cut out shapes desired.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 13 minutes
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 4 minutes then remove to cooling rack to completely cool