Bacon and Whiskey BBQ Sauce is sure to make you a superstar cook at your next BBQ. This sauce has a sweet smoky bacon flavor and punches of whiskey, garlic, and maple.
MORE SAUCE RECIPES
Bacon and Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee very strong
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup pure, not the fake stuff
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Coffee Dry Rub
Need an ingredient to make this recipe? Click this Instacart button and get what you need sent right to you.
- Cut bacon in to 1/2 inch pieces and cook in large dutch oven until bacon is brown and crispy
- Add the onion, garlic, tomato paste, and Coffee Dry Rub. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a low simmer.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a glass jar with lid and store in fridge
Need an item in the this recipe? Click the Instacart button and have it sent right to you.