Citrus sweet and spicy with a punch of coffee flavor will make this Spicy Orange…
Easy to make, Spicy Cashew Cream sauce is a delicious healthy vegan substitute for mayonnaise and sour cream.
You are going to be amazed when you try this creamy sauce. It’s the perfect sauce for any place you want some creamy goodness in your vegan recipe. I have some family members that can not eat dairy, it’s just too hard on their tummies. This sauce is the answer, it satisfies the need for sour cream or mayonnaise used in recipes.
The basic cashew cream sauce is similar to mayo and sour cream, kind of bland. However, when you add seasonings like garlic, onions, chilis, or any other seasoning combinations, you have a tada type sauce.
How to Season Cashew Cream Sauce
- Nutritional Yeast
- Stevia or maple syrup
- Peanut butter
How to Make Cashew Cream Sauce
It’s quick and easy to make a batch of this spicy cashew cream sauce. Just soak your raw cashews in some boiling water for about 30 minutes to soften them up a bit. Then mix a few simple ingredients in a small blender, process until creamy and smooth. At this point, you can taste and add more heat if you like it kicking your tail hot.
Ways To Use Cashew Cream
- Use as a substitute for the dairy in your favorite salad dressing
- Add herbs and garlic then toss with pasta
- Use as a substitute for mayonnaise
- Add to your favorite dip recipe instead of sour cream
- Mix with fruit and maple syrup for a sweet creamy dessert
- Mix in some heat such as jalapenos and top your favorite Mexican dish
What are the health benefits of eating cashews?
Consuming a high proportion of plant-based foods such as cashews appears to reduce the risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions.
According to the site Bulletproof, a single cashew contains about 21 percent protein, 46 percent fat, and 25 percent carbohydrates. A one-quarter cup serving contains about 200 calories, 5 grams of protein, 9 grams of carbs, and 16 grams of fat. Cashews possess a healthy balance of fat types — 62 percent of the cashew’s fats are monounsaturated fat (MUFAs), while 18 percent are polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs).
For more recipes using cashews be sure and try my Lemon Spaghetti with Spinach. It’s a one-pot wonder of creamy light lemon and garlic flavors that is an easy healthy vegan meal your entire family will love.
My extremely cheesy vegan nacho cheese sauce is another great sauce to try. It’s full of healthy ingredients so you can indulge, smothering your nachos, or having a big bowl cheese sauce with your chips.
Spicy Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw organic cashews
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- juice of 1/2 medium-size lemon
- 2 medium cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutrional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Huy Fong Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh chili paste
- Place raw cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into a small blender such as a Magic Bullet. Process until creamy and smooth. Note, you might need to add a teaspoon or two more of almond milk to achieve creamiest.
- Taste, if you would like a little more heat then stir in more chili past.
- Place unused cream sauce in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.