Extremely cheesy vegan nacho cheese sauce is easy to make. You can indulge by smothering your nachos or having a big bowl of cheese sauce with your chips if you do not want to eat a dairy product.
What is in vegan cheese sauce?
This amazing vegan nacho cheese sauce may surprise you when you find out how cauliflower and potatoes can create such a cheesy sauce.
The addition of raw cashews makes the sauce thick and gooey. But the real secret to a smoky chipotle nacho
Fresh garlic, organic olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and some onion powder rounds off the ingredients in the recipe that create this nacho cheese sauce.
What to eat vegan cheese sauce with
The nacho cheese sauce was great over these nachos, and it is also great to put in a burrito just before you roll it up.
Be sure and try my Green Tomato Salsa recipe, it has a combination of green tomatoes, chilies, onions, and cilantro which creates a salsa with authentic Mexican flavor. It is perfect with chips or as a condiment for fajitas, burritos, and quesadillas.
Vegan Nacho Cheese
Note: Be sure to read through the recipe’s post for tips and details about this recipe.
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons water, or more
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cauliflower and potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water, about an inch above. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil over high heat then bring down to simmer. Cook until vegetables are fork tender which will take around 10 minutes.
- Drain, running cool tap water over them so they become room temperature.
- In a high-speed blender like a Vitamix place cooked cauliflower, potatoes, cashews, water, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, chipotle pepper, garlic, onion powder, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. You might need to add more water, try a tablespoon at a time to get the consistency you want.