When sweaters go on then it's time to make this low-calorie perfectly wonderful Autumn Spiced Mocktail. Low-calorie cranberry juice is simmered with fresh ginger, cloves, cinnamon sticks, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and sliced Granny Smith apples to create a mocktail that is a sure crowd-pleaser for young and old.
What is the difference between a mocktail and a cocktail?
Cocktails are alcoholic drinks made by mixing alcoholic spirits with soft drinks, fruit juices, teas, and fresh herbs or spices. Mocktails are non-alcoholic drinks made by mixing different soft drinks, teas, or fruit juices, and fresh herbs or spices.
Mocktails are so named because they mock the cocktails i.e. they look like cocktails but are non-alcoholic.
How do you make a mocktail?
This Autumn Spiced Mocktail is seasoned with warm and spicy flavors by simmering fresh ginger, cloves, and cinnamon in low-calorie cranberry juice. If calories are not an issue then regular cranberry juice would be great.
These mocktails are perfect to serve chilled over ice or warm in a big mug on a cool evening or cold morning.
I found it much simpler to simmer my cloves, cinnamon stick, and fresh ginger in a disposable tea bag. These handy little bags are a staple in my kitchen supplies.
I use them for my own Seafood Boil Seasoning Recipe too. I just fill the tea bag and drop it in with our low country boil pot. You will have a flavor better than store-bought bags and just as easy to clean up.
Autumn Spiced Mocktail
- 4 cups diet cranberry juice drink I use Ocen Spray
- 1 orange juiced
- 1/2 Granny Smith appled cored and cut into slices
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 piece fresh ginger cut the size of a penny that's 1/4 inch thick
- 1 empty tea bag or cheese cloth
- orange slices rosemarry springs and cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
Need an ingredient to make this recipe? Click this Instacart button and get what you need sent right to you.
- Place ginger, cinnamon stick, and cloves in to tea bag and pull drawstring tight. You can also tie spices in cheese cloth if you do not have a tea bag.
- Pour 4 cups cranberry juice in a sauce pan. Place teabag of spices, orange juice and apple slices in pan.
- Simmer over low heat for one hour.
- Remove teabag of spices. Chill to serve cold over ice or serve immediatly if you would like it warm.
- Garnish cold drink with orange slice and a sprig of rosemarry. Garnish warm drink with a cinnamon stick.
Need an item in the this recipe? Click the Instacart button and have it sent right to you.