The Masters Pimento Cheese Recipe is a classic southern tradition, full of creamy swiss and…
Two southern classics spin into one delicious treat when you make these yummy Pimento Cheese Crackers. These little gems are easy to make and are an elegant southern appetizer with cocktails or a savory late night snack while watching a movie with the family.
The key to these cracker’s great flavor is starting with the traditional Masters Pimento Cheese Recipe. Whip up a double batch, one for the spread on your sandwiches and one for your crackers. Every good southern cook has a cheese cracker recipe from her grandmother or someone special stuffed in her recipe box. However, if you dont have your own recipe, now you have the perfect classic cheese cracker with a twist.
- 1 cup Masters Pimento Cheese Spread (recipe on Intentional Hospitality)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, kneading with your hands until dough forms a soft ball. It will be crumbly at first but keep at it, it’s worth it.
- Place parchment paper on a large cookie sheet
- Roll out dough into a large rectangle about 1/3 inch thick (I used a Tervis tumbler cup as a rolling pen
- Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven
- As soon as crackers are removed from the oven, slice into squares. I found it easiest to use a pizza cutter
- Allow crackers to cool for 3 minutes then serve