Shrimp Pico De Gallo is full of zesty lime flavor, sweet onion, cilantro, and yummy spicy shrimp that packs a punch into all your Mexican dishes.
Today my daughter whipped up a batch of her Shrimp Pico De Gallo. We were both hungry for shrimp and I had some tomatoes ripening in the window seal so she suggested a little Mexican for lunch! Yes, I love having someone cook for me, especially someone who is as good at it as she is. She is a product of Food Network, choosing to watch it over Barney when she was only two.
Ok, so here is a funny thing about pico de gallo, the translation from English to Spanish literally means rooster's beak! So for the sake of not grossing out my guest when I serve it, I'll call it by its Spanish name.
My favorite part about pico de gallo's flavor is the base recipe consists of all fresh raw ingredients. The key to a full-flavored recipe is to use fresh cilantro, not dried. Here's a tip, I find it easier to cut it with kitchen scissors instead of chopping with a knife. Also, I like to freeze any leftover cilantro I have. I just wash it, pull off all the big stems then stuff it in a sandwich-size ziplock bag. When I need to use it in a recipe, I just take scissors and cut off from the frozen leaves what I need. It's not as good as fresh, but much better than dried.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This helps others find great recipes.
Shrimp Pico De Gallo
To save you ink, video and equipment images will not print.
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and tails cut off
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Tony Cacciatore seasoning
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced finely
- 5 Roma tomatoes diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced, fresh packed jar jalapeno peppers
- 2 whole limes juiced
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cilantro chopped small
Need an ingredient to make this recipe? Click this Instacart button and get what you need sent right to you.
- Heat canola oil over medium heat, toss in raw peeled shrimp.
- Sprinkle with Tony Cacciatore seasoning. Cook for 3 minutes or until done.
- Chop shrimp then place in a mixing bowl
- Add onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, lime juice and cilantro. Salt to taste
- Toss until well mixed, chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Need an item in the this recipe? Click the Instacart button and have it sent right to you.Appetizer
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe