A little bit of spice, cilantro, fresh slaw, and a touch of sweetness makes this Mexican Coleslaw Salad a perfect side salad for your next Mexican meal.
We were having friends over for a Mexican bar style dinner. I had the usual taco fixings, rice, and Carolina Mud Spicy Bean Dip. I wanted a side dish that went along with the theme that was fresh and flavorful. That is when I came up with the idea of kicking a little Mexican into my coleslaw recipe by adding cumin, some heat, and cilantro.
It was easy and quick to prepare and I was able to do it several hours before company arrived. The salad was a hit with everyone.
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It helps others find the recipe! ❤️️ Also, I love to hear from my readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. I’m always looking for new ideas for post that would help you. Don’t forget if you do make this recipe, tag me @intentionalhospitality on Instagram so I can share it with my followers. I would love to see your yummy creation.
Mexican Coleslaw Salad
- 1 bag of 3-Color Deli Cole Slaw family size
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from three medium size limes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as Texas Peat more if you like it spicy
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Combine all ingredients, except deli coleslaw, into a large bowl.
- Whisk until sugar is disolved and all is blended
- Add deli coleslaw and toss until well coated.
- Serve chilled.