Mexican Chopped Salad is a yummy salad full of southwest flavors to help kick off the summer…
A little bit of spice, cilantro, fresh slaw, and a touch of sweetness makes this Mexican Coleslaw Salad a perfect side salad for your next Mexican meal.
We were having friends over for a Mexican bar style dinner. I had the usual taco fixings, rice, and Carolina Mud Spicy Bean Dip. I wanted a side dish that went along with the theme that was fresh and flavorful. That is when I came up with the idea of kicking a little Mexican into my coleslaw recipe by adding cumin, some heat, and cilantro.
It was easy and quick to prepare and I was able to do it several hours before company arrived. The salad was a hit with everyone.
Mexican Coleslaw Salad
- 1 bag of 3-Color Deli Cole Slaw family size
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice from three medium size limes
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce such as Texas Peat more if you like it spicy
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Combine all ingredients, except deli coleslaw, into a large bowl.
- Whisk until sugar is disolved and all is blended
- Add deli coleslaw and toss until well coated.
- Serve chilled.