Each bite of these Apples and Bourbon Baked Beans brings a new flavor sensation in your mouth. Through out their saucy goodness you will find hints of bourbon, maple syrup, bacon or a smokey bbq hint of cinnamon with each new bite.
They are very easy to make and would be great for a kicked up bbq dinner. They would also be yummy with a pork roast for a nice site down meal when you have a house full of company. They are also an easy make ahead dish when company is coming and could easily be cooked in your crockpot instead of the oven.
More side dish recipes
Apples and Bourbon Baked Beans
Note: Be sure to read through the recipe’s post for tips and details about this recipe.
- 10 strips of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 large or 2 medium apples, cut into small cubes
- 1 28 oz can baked beans
- 1 14 oz can white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cook bacon in a medium size cast iron skillet for about 5 minutes until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add bourbon to pan, stir and scrape sides to blend all together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring all to blend together.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes so beans can thicken up.