Each bite of these Apples and Bourbon Baked Beans brings a new flavor sensation in your mouth. Through out their saucy goodness you will find hints of bourbon, maple syrup, bacon or a smokey bbq hint of cinnamon with each new bite.
They are very easy to make and would be great for a kicked up bbq dinner. They would also be yummy with a pork roast for a nice site down meal when you have a house full of company. They are also an easy make ahead dish when company is coming and could easily be cooked in your crockpot instead of the oven.
More side dish recipes
Apples and Bourbon Baked Beans
To save you ink, video and equipment images will not print.
- 10 strips of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 large or 2 medium apples cut into small cubes
- 1 28 oz can baked beans
- 1 14 oz can white navy beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Need an ingredient to make this recipe? Click this Instacart button and get what you need sent right to you.
- Cook bacon in a medium size cast iron skillet for about 5 minutes until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add bourbon to pan, stir and scrape sides to blend all together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring all to blend together.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes so beans can thicken up.
Need an item in the this recipe? Click the Instacart button and have it sent right to you.Side Dish
WhitBit's Indian Kitchen
Oh, wow! I don't like baked beans, typically..but I bet I would like these! How much of a bourbon flavor is there? Sort of like how bourbon chicken doesn't have a strong bourbon flavor, but the flavor is lingering?
I think the bourbon flavor is mellow mostly. However last night mine were a little strong because I forgot to caramelize the bourbon with the onions and bacon. After I realized it, I just poured in the before I baked them. Whoop, whoop, they had a little more kick than usual.
Thalia @ butter and brioche
An apple and bourbon flavoured baked bean dish sounds so amazing... and perfect for Fall too. I've never eaten a flavour combination quite like this but think I have been missing out on something delicious.
That is exactly what I thought, so many different ingredients, but they baked together so yummy.