If you are looking for the best moist chocolate mocha cupcake recipe then look no further. This is the best moist chocolate mocha cupcake recipe creating a perfectly moist, extremely chocolate cupcake, topped with supreme fudgy chocolate icing.
The cake is moist and light with the perfect chocolate texture. Coffee mixed into the batter gives this cupcake a sweet hint of mocha. When my daughter Faith made these she said they were quick and easy to whip up a batch.
The frosting is an intense fudgy chocolate buttercream frosting. This is the frosting that you will not want to share licking the bowl when you are done icing the cupcakes! What’s even better, this frosting is super easy to make.
To make these cupcakes a little more special, my daughter added chopped Whoppers crumbs sprinkled and then a whole Whopper on top of the fudgy icing.
Best Moist Chocolate Mocha Cupcake Recipe
Note: Be sure to read through the recipe’s post for tips and details about this recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweet cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl
- Combine eggs, melted butter and vanilla in an another bowl
- Add dry ingredients to the moist ingredients beat with mixer on medium speed for 1 minute
- Stir hot coffee into bowl stirring until well blended
- Scoop batter evenly into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 – 20 minutes, until toothpick comes clean when inserted