You have to try one of these traditional Cinco de Mayo Dessert recipes at your next party or Mexican-themed dinner. Round off your menu with one of these easy-to-prepare recipe ideas. You are sure to find the perfect dessert that everyone will enjoy!
Cinco de Mayo is a great time to throw a party with friends and family. Create the perfect Cinco de Mayo with these Mexican Party Theme Ideas and Recipes or this Mexican Dinner Party, I have gathered everything you need to easily throw a festive party. There are even printable Mexican-themed party decorations. I have recipes from Mexican appetizers to helpful tips on how much taco meat per person when hosting a party.
- ❓ FAQ Cinco de Mayo
- What are traditional Mexican desserts?
- Delicious Cinco de Mayo desserts
- Mexican cake
- Traditional Mexican desserts
- Easy Cinco de Mayo desserts
- Unique Mexican dessert recipes
- Mexican cookie recipes
- Healthy dessert recipes for Cinco de Mayo
- Cinco de Mayo recipes and party ideas
❓ FAQ Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo, which is Spanish for the fifth of May, is also called the Anniversary of the Battle of Puebla. The holiday is celebrated in parts of Mexico and the United States in honor of a military victory in 1862 over the French forces of Napoleon III.
When is Cinco de Mayo this year?
Cinco de Mayo is always celebrated on May 5th in Mexico and the United States.
Mexico does not have a national dessert because there are so many different regions that each has its favorites. However, tres leches cake is very popular all over Mexico.
What are traditional Mexican desserts?
This is a place you can add keywords but we don't have a recipe for it. Simple things that you can just buy like saltines or rice. see example below
- Flan - baked custard with a caramel crust
- Sopapillas - fried puffy dough often drizzled with honey
- Churros - fried dough often dipped in chocolate
- Wedding cookies- shortbread cookies with powdered sugar on the outside
- Conchas - A sweet, bread roll, with a crumbly cookie dough that acts as its topping.
- Tres leches cake - moist cake made with "three milks" then topped with whipped cream
- Pinata cake - sweet cake filled with treats when you cut into it
- Leche Quemada - known as "burnt milk" candy is similar to fudge
- Buñuelos - a dessert made from fried dough covered in cinnamon sugar.
Delicious Cinco de Mayo desserts
This historic Mexican holiday is the perfect time to celebrate Mexican heritage. Mexico has so many traditional rich flavors when it comes to food. The best part is, that their desserts are no exception.
We have gathered a list of favorite Cinco de Mayo dessert recipes that will make it easy to fix authentic desserts for your friends and family.
You are sure to find one of the best tres leches cake recipes below. First, there is a traditional light sponge cake and then a decadent Chocolate tres leches cake recipe.
This easy Mexican chocolate cake is perfect if you have guests at your Cinco de Mayo party that are gluten-free.
Traditional Mexican desserts
Creamy flan is a rich flavored favorite dessert served in Mexico. The first flan recipe is similar to a traditional custard with a sweet caramel source. The next recipe is for the rich chocolate lovers at your party.
If you love fried ice cream but would like an easy way to make it for a party then you need to try this recipe. No ice cream machine is needed, store-bought works great.
The kids will love these little piñata cakes, stuffed inside with fun confetti.
Easy Cinco de Mayo desserts
To make it easy on party day, chose a dessert that can be made a day or two before. That way when dessert time rolls around all you have to do is to serve and enjoy.
Unique Mexican dessert recipes
Mexican cookie recipes
Healthy dessert recipes for Cinco de Mayo
If you are looking for a sweet treat that is healthy then you will want to make one of these great fresh fruit dessert ideas. Using fruit as the main ingredient is the perfect treat that is not loaded with processed sugar.
Cinco de Mayo recipes and party ideas
- Mexican Tomato Soup
- 50 Mexican Party Theme Ideas and Recipes
- The Best 33 Mexican Appetizers for a Party
- Easy Mexican Caviar Recipe (aka Texas Caviar)
- Make Your Own Frozen Taquitos In The Air Fryer
- How Much Taco Meat Per Person (Recipe For A Party)
- How To Make Taco Bell Red Sauce (Authentic Copycat Recipe)
- How To Make Taco Bell Baja Sauce (Authentic Copycat Recipe)
🎉 Be sure and sign up to get your free Party In The Freezer Ecookbook. I'll send it right to you and keep you up to date with all that is happing on Intentional Hospitality