Every party needs some easy-to-eat cold appetizers finger foods! These no-cook recipes are perfect for parties as they often require less work, and they're sure to be a hit with your guests!
Life gets so busy, and fellowship with friends seems to get pushed by the wayside often.
Hospitality Tip: It's important to keep life's business in perspective. When it boils down to one purpose in life, it all comes down to relationships. That is why I want to encourage you to focus on gathering with friends with a low-key attitude. I have some quick, no-bake appetizers that you can whip up and enjoy while spending time talking with friends.
Make time for the ones we love.
Easy Cold Appetizer Recipes
This collection of easy cold appetizers includes finger foods that don't require any heat, can be eaten without a fork, and can be served either cold or at room temperature.
🎉 Need more yummy ideas for your party Tap over to my budget-friendly appetizer suggestions and these delicious meatball appetizer ideas.
Serving Tips For Cold Finger Foods
With a few simple tips, you can make ahead and then safely serve cold appetizers.
❄️ How do you keep appetizers cold at a party?
1. There are a couple of ways you can keep cold foods cold when serving them for a party. First, serve them up on small platters. This requires a bit more work as you will need to refill more often, but since they're sitting out for less time, they remain cold.
2. Dips and spreads can be served in insulated bowls, or you can place a bowl in the freezer prior to filling it to chill it. This helps to keep the dip colder for longer. I like using this stainless steel bowl nestled on an ice bowl set.
3. If the appetizers don't have perishable ingredients such as fresh produce, you can stick them in the freezer for 15-30 minutes prior to serving to chill them. The goal isn't to freeze them just to reduce the temperature to just above freezing.
Last, keep in mind that not everything needs to be cold, so consider which will be ok at room temperature and which really are best when super cold.
💭 Menu Tips For Cold Party Appetizers
When planning a menu, the most popular types of cold appetizers include canapes, small bites that can be eaten using the fingers in one or two bites, dips, crudites, and cheeses.
I am sharing with you some of my favorites that I know your friends and family will enjoy at your next party.
Keep these tips in mind when planning your party menu.
- Select a variety of easy appetizers! You want to have different flavors, shapes, and textures.
- Don't forget to offer up a few items that are vegan or vegetarian for guests who don't eat meat.
- Plan the serving pieces ahead of time and how you will keep items cold.
What to Serve with Cold Party Foods
It's perfectly all right to serve only cold appetizers, it makes party planning easier. Cold appetizers are perfect for a baby shower, cocktail party, to kick off a dinner party, or any gathering where people will be hanging out before a meal or having drinks.
However, if you would like to serve more than just cold party food I have some ideas for you.
- Hot Appetizers: Unless you're serving just a light spread of appetizers, such as before a meal or for a short period of time, you will likely want to include some hot items on the menu. I love these buffalo air fryer turkey meatballs and vegan stuffed mushrooms for parties! Serve some Mexican-themed appetizers or these low-calorie appetizers.
- Party Cocktails: Be sure and browse through these cocktail, mocktail, and party juice recipes. I am sure you will find an easy-to-serve drink idea.
Ok, let's plan a party! Pick out some of the best cold appetizers, tap the recipe button to read more about the recipe, and print. Be sure to grab my Free Party Planner. It includes a party count-down timeline, grocery list, menu planner, and many more pages to help you plan a great party with ease.
Cold dips are great because they require less work than other dishes. Usually, you just need to mix them up and put them in a bowl. They go on the table with your favorite chips, some fresh veggies, or an assortment of crackers and breads.
Cold Cheese Appetizers
Cheese makes an easy appetizer to serve for parties. There is a lot of variety and different combinations you can offer! They're great added to platters, served up in a bowl, or skewered up on toothpicks.
Toothpick and Skewer Appetizers
Serving food up on a skewer or toothpick makes food easier to eat for your guests! They are a bit time-consuming to prepare so you might only want to offer one along with a variety of types of cold appetizers for your party.
Finger Food Party Appetizers
Party appetizers need to be easy to eat and that's where finger foods fit in perfectly. They generally don't require a fork and can easily be eaten in one or two bites. Some may require a toothpick offered on the side.
Often they are simple recipes that you can easily prepare making them perfect for parties.
Roll-ups are one of my favorite cold party appetizers! They're super easy to make ahead, perfect for groups both large and small, and usually a hit with guests. They may be made on a large flour tortilla, slices of meat, or other types of thin flatbread.
Finger sandwiches are easy appetizers that can be made before a party. Learn all the tips you need to know about the best tea sandwiches to make ahead. These tips and recipes will save you time, and give you the opportunity to enjoy your party without a lot of fuss in the kitchen.
More Best Appetizer Ideas
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
🎉 Be sure and sign up to get your free Party In The Freezer Ecookbook. I'll send it right to you and keep you up to date with all that is happing on Intentional Hospitality
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe