This Copycat Gardetto Honey Mustard Pretzels Recipe is a quick and easy snack with a slight honey-sweet tangy coating. Honey mustard pretzels are great for parties, movie nights, a school snack, or while watching the big game.
This seasoned pretzel recipe is an easy family snack when we travel on long car trips or vacations at the beach. Now that our family of 8 has grown with spouses and grandkids, it takes a lot of bags to feed all 28 of us! So, I created this copycat recipe when we needed a big batch of snacks.
😋 Looking for more quick snack mix recipes? Be sure to try my Slow Cooker Chex Mix and Muddy Buddy Recipe. Also, try these budget-friendly appetizer suggestions and these delicious meatball appetizer ideas.
Copycat Gardetto Honey-Mustard Pretzels 🥨
It only takes a few minutes to mix up this honey mustard seasoned pretzel recipe. Then pop the pretzels in your oven to bake, and everyone will want to know what smells so good! These homemade flavored pretzels are budget-friendly. Make a big batch to serve at a party or while everyone watches the big game together.
🛒 Ingredients To Make This Flavored Pretzel Recipe
While Gardetto’s deli-style mustard pretzel mix is a secret to the Gardetto family bakery, I have used the ingredients list and created my best copycat version of the authentic family recipe.
- Pretzels: You can use the 16 oz bag of mini pretzels as I did in this recipe or any other variety of pretzels. Use classic nuggets, twists, pretzel crisps, thick rods, or waffle shapes.
- Butter: Do not use margarine or vegetable oil. Only real butter will do.
- Nutritional yeast: Nutritional Yeast Seasoning is not regular yeast that you bake bread with. This yeast is grown specifically to be used as a food product. The yeast cells are killed during manufacturing and are not alive in the final product. It is used in cooking and has a cheesy, nutty, or savory flavor.
- Tumeric: Not only is turmeric good for you, but it also gives these honey mustard pretzels a nice yellow color.
💰Grocery Budget Tip: I have found that store-brand pretzels are much cheaper than name-brand bags. Since you are making your own flavored pretzel recipe coating, nobody will ever be able to tell the difference except your pocketbook. That also goes for butter. I never buy name brands. There just is no difference in quality and taste.
*See the recipe card for a complete list and quantities.
🥨 How To Make Seasoned Pretzel Recipe
This is an easy recipe that would be fun for kids to help make.
In a microwave save bowl, place butter and microwave on high for 40 seconds or until the butter is melted.
Next, add honey, Dijon mustard, dried mustard powder, onion powder, turmeric, salt, sugar, nutritional yeast, and vinegar. Whisk ingredients into butter. Microwave 30 more seconds on high. Whisk ingredients until smooth and incorporate well.
Drizzle the sauce over the bowl of pretzels while stirring gently so the pretzels do not get broken. Continue to stir until all the pretzels are coated well.
Evenly spread in a single layer the pretzels on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Spread them out evenly to the sides of the baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. About 1/2 way through the baking time, stir the coated pretzels, so the seasoning bakes evenly on all sides of the pretzels.
- If you like spicy foods, then add 1 teaspoon of red chili pepper to the butter mixture. It’s the perfect snack with an ice-cold beer.
- Add 1 cup of raisins after the pretzels are baked. This will create a salty and sweet snack mixture.
- Try different shapes and sizes of pretzels.
✝️ Hospitality Conversation Starter: Since this is a mustard flavor pretzel, bring up the topic of how small a mustard seed is. Then share Matthew 13:31. Share with them how Jesus uses mustard seed stories to explain how God intends to implement the kingdom of heaven and to fulfill the prophecies of the Old Testament.
Keep Them Fresh
It is important to keep your homemade honey mustard pretzels in an airtight container after baking them. When you are ready to serve them, scoop out the amount you need, then replace the lid to keep them fresh and crispy. Use within a week for the best flavor.
More Great Snack Recipes
＃Need to make a big batch? I can help. In the recipe card below, all you have to do is tap 2X to double or 3x to triple this recipe. The amounts for each ingredient will change, then hit the print button. Or, if you prefer, slide over the sleep mode tab to prevent your phone screen from going dark. It’s that easy!
Copycat Gardetto Honey Mustard Pretzels Recipe
Note: Be sure to read through the recipe’s post for tips and details about this recipe.
- 16 ounces pretzels, bag
- 1/2 cup butter, Only use real butter for best flavor.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, *Note, this is not regular baking yeast.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place pretzels into a large bowl and set them aside.16 ounces pretzels
- In a microwave save bowl, place butter and microwave on hight for 40 seconds or until the butter is melted1/2 cup butter
- Next add honey, Dijon mustard, dried mustard powder, onion powder, turmeric, salt, sugar, nutritional yeast, and vinegar. Whisk ingredients into butter. Microwave 30 more seconds on high. Whisk ingredients until smooth and incorporated well.2 tablespoons honey, 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon white vinegar, 2 tablespoons mustard powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drizzle the sauce over the bowl of pretzels, string gently so the pretzels do not get broken. Continue to stir until all the pretzels are coated well.
- Evenly spread in a single layer the pretzels over the parchment-lined cookie sheet. Spread them out evenly to the sides of the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, string 1/2 way through so the seasoning bakes evenly on the pretzels.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Spicy: If you like spicy food, add 1 teaspoon of red chili pepper to the butter mixture. It’s the perfect snack with an ice-cold beer.
- Sweet: Add 1 cup of raisins after the pretzels are baked. This will create a salty and sweet snack mixture.
- Shapes: Try different shapes and sizes of pretzels.