Here are 50 Budget Friendly Party Finger Food Recipes that will be a hit at your next get-together. These easy finger food recipes will get you quickly out of the kitchen to enjoy mingling with your guests.
Throwing a party, hosting family reunions, holiday gatherings, or a baby shower is always fun, but sometimes it can get expensive to feed a crowd. So for your next party, I have good news.
I have gathered some great inexpensive party finger food ideas for you to easily make and serve even on a tight budget.
- How do you make cheap party food
- Keep on hand last-minute party food ideas
- Inexpensive serving dishes
- Free party planner
- Easy finger foods for a party
- Make-ahead party snacks recipes
- No cook finger foods for parties
- Fancy party finger food ideas on a budget
- Chicken wings recipes
- Mini sandwiches
- Dips for finger foods
- Crackers and chips
- Cold party finger food
- Easy make-ahead meatballs
- Game day party food
- Unique cheap appetizers
- Hummus Recipes
- 🎥 Need more ideas?
How do you make cheap party food
With a little planning ahead you can have budget-friendly finger foods ready in no time. The key is to plan ahead and buy when items go on sale.
- The best way to make cheap finger food is to gather a list of recipes you enjoy making for parties.
- Make a shopping list of all the ingredients in the recipes.
- Check the grocery sales page each week. When you see an item on your list go on sale, buy several of the items. Freeze or store them until it is time to host a party. This will help keep your cost low, and you will always be ready for a party.
- Keep your list handy, then when friends pop over, all you have to do is pick a recipe and pull all the ingredients out of your pantry or freezer.
Keep on hand last-minute party food ideas
Keep a few of these easy finger foods for a party in your pantry, fridge, or freezer for quick cheap appetizers.
- Puff pastry - Keep in the freezer. Then bake and fill with ice cream and top with fruit.
- Tortilla chips - Always keep an extra bag of chips and a jar of salsa on hand. It is a favorite finger food for sure. Try my green tomato salsa for an extra special treat!
- Mozzarella cheese sticks - Keep a bag in your fridge. They are a great item to serve kids
- Pretzels - in various sizes and shapes
- Jars of olives and spicy pickles.
- Crackers - Keep a variety on hand.
- Cream cheese - I buy these when they are on sale and keep them in my freezer. Allow thawing overnight in the fridge or use the defrost on your microwave.
- Assorted blocks of cheese - These keep for months in your refrigerator and are perfect for quick cheese boards with crackers. Good choices are cheddar cheese, gouda, pepper jack and swiss cheese.
- French fries - Chili cheese fries are a sure hit for last-minute parties or watching the big game. Make a batch of my Wendy's Copy Cat Chili or Best Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili and freeze it in pint-size containers. Defrost and heat the chili, then top baked fries with chili, Cowboy Candy, and cheese. Toast in the oven until cheese is melted, then serve.
Inexpensive serving dishes
There are many inexpensive options for serving party finger food that will make your party look good and feel festive. I have found some creative options that you might like to try.
- Dollar store - They have many plastic cut glass-looking serving bowls and trays.
- Party store - Now there are many paper and plastic products that look like china or metal at a fraction of the cost.
- Thrift stores - This is one of my favorite places to find serving pieces. They don't have to match just have a general feel for the theme of a party.
Free party planner
Get this free Printable Party Planner to make the next party you host fun and easy. Throwing a small party or a big event, this planning checklist will simplify taking care of all the details.
Easy finger foods for a party
Don't just grab a bag of chips and dip for your next party. Check out these easy-to-make appetizers that won't bust your budget. They only take a short time to make and your friends will love them.
Make-ahead party snacks recipes
Snack mixes and nuts are an easy food idea for parties. These recipes can be made ahead so you can have everything ready before guests arrive.
Kick up your next batch of slow cooker Unique Flavored Chex mix with a combination of spices, that is simple to make. It will be the hit of your next party or a low-key family night. Everyone is going to want this recipe from you.
No cook finger foods for parties
If you don't want to heat up your kitchen try these easy-to-make, no-cook appetizers.
Bring a little Sicily to your table with this delicious Green Marinated Sicilian Olives Recipe. The olives are infused with fresh herbs, garlic, dried oregano, a pinch of chili pepper for heat all smothered in extra virgin olive oil and white vinegar dressing.
Fancy party finger food ideas on a budget
With a little creativity, you can create simple, inexpensive appetizers perfect for a fancy dinner party.
Chicken wings recipes
Wings are simple finger foods for a party that everyone enjoys. Here are a variety of ways to cook and sauce them, such as air fryer, grill, or oven.
If you are looking for hearty finger foods for a crowd, mini sandwiches are a good choice. Your party guests are sure to enjoy a tray of these.
Dips for finger foods
Serving dips is a great way to make inexpensive potato chips, veggie sticks, or crackers taste delicious.
Crackers and chips
Cold party finger food
A great inexpensive option that can be made before your guest arrives is cold finger foods.
Easy make-ahead meatballs
Warm small bites such as meatballs is a good hearty finger food that your party guest will enjoy. Make these and keep them in your freezer. Then with minimal effort, you will have hearty finger food to serve guests.
Meatballs are easy make-ahead party food, so browse through these 60 delicious and easy meatball appetizer recipes for your next party. You are sure to find the perfect meatball recipe that your guest will love them so much they will want your recipe!
Game day party food
When it's football season and you are looking for fall finger foods and dips you will want to pin this list. These crowd-pleaser snacks are perfect for watching the game.
These game-day party food bar ideas are a fun and easy way to feed a crowd while watching your favorite team play. Get tips for decorating, setting up a foobar, and recipe ideas for the next big game day.
Unique cheap appetizers
Hummus is a cheap easy appetizer that you can make ahead before guests arrive. Your guest will love dipping inexpensive veggie sticks, crackers, and bread in a variety of hummus recipes.
Try some of these 50 delicious and unique hummus recipes—fun ingredients such as beetroot, carrot, avocado, and various veggies, beans, and spices.
🎥 Need more ideas?
Be sure and check out all my WEB STORIES for more delicious recipes and party ideas to get you inspired!