Your appetizers will be the hit of your party and easy on your pocketbook with these quick and easy cheap party finger foods recipes.
Throwing a party, hosting family reunions, holiday gatherings, or a baby shower is always fun, but sometimes it can get expensive to feed a crowd. So for your next party, I have good news. I have gathered some great inexpensive finger food ideas to become some of your favorite party foods to serve. I have easy finger foods and quick appetizer ideas for a tight budget. In addition, you will find great ideas for all your special events.
- How do you make cheap finger foods?
- Inexpensive serving dishes
- Free party planner
- Easy finger food recipes
- Party snacks
- Dipping sauce recipes
- Vegetarian options
- No cook finger food
- Fancy dinner party finger foods
- Chicken wings
- Mini sandwiches
- Creamy dip recipes
- Crackers and chips
- Cold finger foods
- Cocktail meatballs
- Popular party food
- Game day party food
- Unique crowd favorites
How do you make cheap finger foods?
The best way to make cheap finger food is to gather a list of recipes you enjoy making for parties. Then, make a shopping list of all the ingredients and check the grocery sales page each week. When you see an item on your list go on sale, buy several of the items. Freeze or store them until it is time to host a party needing finger foods. This will help keep your cost low, and you will always be ready for a party.
Here are some good party food items to keep on hand for a last-minute get-together.
- Puff pastry - Keep in the freezer
- Tortilla chips - Always keep an extra bag of chips on hand because chips and salsa is favorite finger food for sure. Try my green tomato salsa for an extra special treat!
- Mozzarella sticks - Great for slicing with crackers. It's also an item kids really enjoy.
- Jars of olives and spicy pickles.
- Crackers - Keep a variety on hand.
- Cream cheese - I buy these when they are on sale and keep them in my freezer. Allow thawing overnight in the fridge.
- Assorted blocks of cheese - These keep for months in your refrigerator and are perfect for quick cheese boards with crackers.
- French fries - Chili cheese fries are a sure hit for last-minute parties or watching the big game. Make a batch of my Wendy's Copy Cat Chili or Best Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili and freeze it in pint-size containers. Defrost and heat the chili, then top baked fries with chili, Cowboy Candy, and cheese. Toast in the oven until cheese is melted, then serve.
Inexpensive serving dishes
There are many inexpensive options for serving party finger food that will make your party look good and feel festive. I have found some creative options that you might like to try.
- Dollar store - They have many plastic cut glass-looking serving bowls and trays.
- Party store - Now there are many paper and plastic products that look like china or metal at a fraction of the cost.
- Thrift stores - This is one of my favorite places to find serving pieces. They don't have to match just have a general feel for the theme of a party.
Free party planner
Get this free Printable Party Planner to make the next party you host fun and easy. Throwing a small party or a big event, this planning checklist will simplify taking care of all the details.
Easy finger food recipes
Without a lot of extra cost, you can provide large batches of finger food snack mixes and nuts.
Kick up your next batch of slow cooker Unique Flavored Chex mix with a combination of spices, that is simple to make. It will be the hit of your next party or a low-key family night. Everyone is going to want this recipe from you.
Dipping sauce recipes
The best part about vegetarian snack food is how healthy it can be. You might have guests that are trying to eat healthily and offering healthy vegetarian appetizers is often appreciated.
Bring a little Sicily to your table with this delicious Green Marinated Sicilian Olives Recipe. The olives are infused with fresh herbs, garlic, dried oregano, a pinch of chili pepper for heat all smothered in extra virgin olive oil and white vinegar dressing.
No cook finger food
Fancy dinner party finger foods
With a little creativity, you can create simple, inexpensive appetizers perfect for a fancy dinner party.
If you are looking for hearty finger food, mini sandwiches are a good choice. Your party guests are sure to enjoy a pan of these.
Creamy dip recipes
Serving dips is a great way to make inexpensive potato chips, veggie sticks, or crackers taste delicious.
Crackers and chips
Cold finger foods
A great inexpensive option that can be made before your guest arrives is cold finger foods.
Warm small bites such as meatballs is a good hearty finger food that your party guest will enjoy. Make these and keep them in your freezer. Then with minimal effort, you will have hearty finger food to serve guests.
Meatballs are easy make-ahead party food, so browse through these 60 delicious and easy meatball appetizer recipes for your next party. You are sure to find the perfect meatball recipe that your guest will love them so much they will want your recipe!
Popular party food
Game day party food
Football games are fun to watch but are even better when you have crowd-pleaser snacks while watching the game.
These game-day party food bar ideas are a fun and easy way to feed a crowd while watching your favorite team play. Get tips for decorating, setting up a foobar, and recipe ideas for the next big game day.
Unique crowd favorites
Try some of these 50 delicious and unique hummus recipes—fun ingredients such as beetroot, carrot, avocado, and various veggies, beans, and spices.