How to make Honey Garlic Chicken
For this recipe, I start with high-quality ethically raised USDA Certified meat delivered right to my door from Honeytown Meats.
I grew up on a family dairy farm in Indiana. It is important to me how the animals are raised and cared for. They live by the motto: If you are good to your animals, they will be good to you. The owner Logan tells us, “The animals are our heart and soul; We do everything right with them. They are our passion.”
Why you should have your meat delivered to your doorstep?
While the idea for Honeytown Meat came before the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak, now more families have embraced having food delivered to their homes. Contactless deliveries have become the norm. Honeytown Meats’ shipping process, with every cut of meat and roast individually vacuum-sealed for freshness, assures safe and contactless deliveries.
Honeytown Meats is a farm to table delivery service.
When it comes time to bring the cattle to market, beef producers tend to be at the mercy of the major meat packers. Once the cattle are sold to them, the process adds extra steps. Usually, there are more people, more distance, and more time between the farm and your table.
When you buy your beef, goat, chicken, and pork from Honeytown Meats, you streamline delivery. Logan follows the product through every step of the process. It's great to know that the meat goes from the farm to the local processor down the road. Then they bring it back to Honeytown Meats before being shipped to you.
With the options to ship directly to consumers, “It puts an absolutely perfect product on the market,” Logan said. “We know the animals. We know the products are the freshest." Because of the farm-to-table process, it cuts out the middlemen.
The Honeytown Meats, team combines their passion for great food with their knowledge of the agricultural industry to make high-quality products more accessible to you and your family.
How to get high-quality meat shipped from the farm to your table
- Go to Honeytown Meats website.
- Chose the box that best fits your needs or create your own. They have a subscription, by the cut, or give as gift boxes.
- Place your order and choose your shipping preferences.
- The shipment will be delivered to your doorstep.
- Enjoy local, ethical, and exception meat for your next meal.
Chicken thighs or breast meat?
Chicken thighs would be great with this recipe. Thigh meat is moist and less expensive. I used Honeytown Meats premium chicken breast for my recipe and it is delicious.
What to serve with Honey Garlic Chicken
My favorite way to serve this chicken recipe is over Instant Pot Coconut Rice. Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a creamy, slightly sweet aromatic Jasmine rice recipe that is quick and easy to make using your electric pressure cooker.
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It helps others find the recipe! ❤️️ Also, I love to hear from my readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. I'm always looking for new ideas for posts that would help you. Don't forget if you do make this recipe, tag me @intentionalhospitality on Instagram so I can share it with my followers. I would love to see your yummy creation.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 lb chicken boneless breast meat or thigh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup honey
- Cut boneless chicken meat in half horizontally strips 2 inches wide
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper
- Place flour in a shallow pie pan. Dredge chicken in flour on both sides of tenders. Shake off excess
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Heat until melted over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minuets. Flip chicken over and cook for another 3 minutes. If the chicken starts to brown to much turn your heat down a bit.
- Move chicken over to make space to add 2 tablespoons butter and garlic. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir to combine ingredents, spooning sauce over chicken. Bring sauce to a low simmer for about 1 minute. If the sauce is to thick add a tablespoon water.
- Remove from heat and place chicken on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over top of chicken.