Honey Garlic Chicken is a quick and easy recipe with only 5 simple ingredients that create an addictive sweet-savory garlic sauce.
This recipe is sure to become a family favorite. It's easy to make with a few simple ingredients and delicious over rice or noodles.
Chicken thighs or breast meat?
Either thighs or breast meat is good to use in this recipe. The key is to make sure your meat pieces are all about the same size and thickness.
This recipe is a one-pan wonder. I like using a large cast-iron skillet.
I think what makes this recipe so good is the simplicity of the ingredients. A perfect amount of sweetness with savory garlic.
- chicken boneless breast meat or thigh
- cloves garlic
- apple cider vinegar
- soy sauce or coconut aminos
If there happen to be any leftovers store your chicken and sauce in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
I suggest reheating in a shallow oven-safe dish with a cover. It might be necessary to add a few tablespoons of water to the sauce to thin it out also. It will thicken while in the refrigerator. Heat for 12- 15 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
What to serve with Honey Garlic Chicken
My favorite way to serve this chicken recipe is over Instant Pot Coconut Rice. Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a creamy, slightly sweet aromatic Jasmine rice recipe that is quick and easy to make using your electric pressure cooker.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 lb chicken boneless breast meat or thigh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup honey
- Cut boneless chicken meat in half horizontally strips 2 inches wide
- Sprinkle chicken tenders with salt and pepper
- Place flour in a shallow pie pan. Dredge chicken in flour on both sides of tenders. Shake off excess
- Place 3 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Heat until melted over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minuets. Flip chicken over and cook for another 3 minutes. If the chicken starts to brown to much turn your heat down a bit.
- Move chicken over to make space to add 2 tablespoons butter and garlic. Stir until butter is melted.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir to combine ingredents, spooning sauce over chicken. Bring sauce to a low simmer for about 1 minute. If the sauce is to thick add a tablespoon water.
- Remove from heat and place chicken on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over top of chicken.