Filling your kitchen with the sweet festive smell of homemade applesauce just got easier and…
Instant Pot Coconut Rice is a creamy, slightly sweet aromatic Jasmine rice recipe that is quick and easy to make using your electric pressure cooker.
Coconut Rice is going to become one of your favorite ways to quickly prepare rice when you use your electric pressure cooker. It’s quick and easy only requiring a few ingredients to make the recipe. It pairs well as a side dish with chicken, seafood, and beef.
How much rice do you need per person?
You will need 1/4 cup of uncooked rice per person. Remember that when rice is cooked it usually doubles in size, which will yield you 1/2 cup of rice per person.
How To Make Instant Pot Coconut Rice
What is coconut rice made of?
- olive oil
- green onions
- Jasmine rice = for best flavor I recommend using jasmine rice. However if you would like to more nutritious choice, whole grain brown rice will work, just add 1/3 cup of extra water to the recipe.
- coconut cream, unsweetened – be sure and use a good quality product for best flavor
- coconut aminos or soy sauce
Can I reheat coconut rice?
Yes, Instant Pot Coconut Rice will keep for several days in an airtight container in a refrigerator.
To reheat, simply add a bit of water or additional coconut milk to the rice. Cover and slightly warm in your oven or microwave. Fluff with a fork.
What can I serve with coconut rice?
One of my favorite recipes that I serve my coconut rice with is Honey Garlic Chicken. It is is a quick and easy recipe with only 5 simple ingredients that create an addictive sweet-savory garlic sauce.
If you enjoy cooking in your Instant Pot be sure and try these recipes.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 green onions diced, with whites and greens separated
- 1 cup jasmine rice dry
- 1 can 13.3 oz coconut cream unsweetened
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Turn Instant Pot to saute, add olive oil, what part of onions, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add rice and saute for one minute.
- Stir in coconut cream, water, coconut aminos, and salt.
- Lock the lid in place. Select high pressure and 3 minutes cook time.
- When the cooking time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 7 minutes, then finish with a quick pressure release.
- Carefully remove lid.
- Spoon the rice into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped green onion tops.