Crazy good and addictive, this Italian Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The loaf is filled with a buttery garlic, pesto and Italian herb mixture then generously stuffed with mozzarella cheese to create each perfect bite for this pull apart Italian bread.
This is a great recipe to use as a star appetizer for your next gathering. The bread is cut into little bite size diamonds of cheesy pull apart goodness that are surrounded with buttery Italian herbs so it looks scrumptious when you serve it.
If you are looking for a recipe to add to your Italian themed dinner menu this bread is quick and easy to prepare. Pare it with pasta such as my recipe for Ragu Bolognese, a side salad and you will have a wonderful easy dinner for a crowd.
Italian Cheesy Pull Apart Bread
- 1 oval loaf of hard crusted dense bread
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium pan, sauté garlic in butter for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add oregano, rosemary, and parsley, stir and remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Cut the bread on the diagonal into 1 inch diamonds. Do not cut all the way through the bread, just to the bottom of the loaf so it will hold together.
- Stir in peso to butter herb mixture.
- Pry open each area of the bread spooning butter mixture through out each slice of the bread. Continue until all butter is used.
- Stuff shredded cheese into each crack of the bread.
- Place the loaf in aluminum foil closing tightly creating a tent on the top so the melted cheese does not stick. I found it was easier to spray the foil with Pam so it does not stick after it is melted.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until cheese is mostly melted.
- Unwrap foil and bake 5 more minutes
- Serve immediately with plenty of napkins.