One of my fondest summer time salads growing up in Indiana was my grandma’s Classic Macaroni Salad With Cheese For A Crowd. It’s summer time comfort food, which is great for dinners, picnics or to take to pot lucks.
This is a simple and quick recipe that is easy to make, chopping your ingredients while giving the noodles about 15 minutes to cook, then assemble in 5 minutes. The peas and celery give it a crisp fresh flavor that is good for you. The result is a light summery pasta salad that everyone will enjoy.
It’s perfect to take to a barbecue, a summer shindig, a lake day, a picnic, or for your family dinners. Best part is it’s economical to make for a large crowd and it’s always a sure hit!
Classic Macaroni Salad With Cheese For A Crowd
Note: Be sure to read through the recipe’s post for tips and details about this recipe.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, 1 lb box
- 3 cups celery chopped into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 8 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen peas, uncooked
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- Cook macaroni al dente, firm to the bite. Drain and rinse in colander. Allow to drain for a few minutes.
- Combine in a large bowl, celery, onion, relish, eggs, salt and peas
- Gently fold in macaroni
- Add a little more mayonnaise to if you like it creamier.
- Cover and chill for at least on hour
- Serve with cheese on top or stir in