Jazz up your BBQ with this Spicy Orange and Coffee BBQ Sauce! There is a touch of citrus blended in a sweet and spicy sauce and a punch of coffee flavor to make this star at your next BBQ.
This is an easy BBQ sauce to make, just put all the ingredients in a pot and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve with pork, chicken, beef, or fish, it will complement them all.
If you like cooking with coffee, be sure and try my BBQ Coffee Dry Rub recipe. BBQ Coffee Dry Rub is the perfect rub for kicking up your chicken, beef, or pork. It infuses your taste buds with a sweet slightly nutty flavor and can be kicked up with some heat if you double up on the cayenne pepper.
- If you are not a big cumin fan, you can back off the seasoning to only 2 tablespoons.
- Try switching out some of the chili powder for mace. Mace is perfect where nutmeg would be too heavy. It pairs well with the orange in this recipe.
MORE SAUCE RECIPES
Spicy Orange and Coffee BBQ Sauce
Note: Be sure to read through the recipe’s post for tips and details about this recipe.
- 1 cup brewed very strong coffee
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 3 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha, or more if you like it spicy
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low for 45 min.
- Stir occasionally to be sure it is not sticking to bottom of pan.
- Cool to room temperature before serving
- Leftovers will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator