Authentic Masters Party Ideas
This year hosting a Masters viewing party with your golf enthusiast friends will be fun and easy with these Masters Party Ideas. Get a Masters food menu, Masters party decorations, TV viewing party ideas, and learn what to wear to the Masters so your guest can come just like they would if going to the tournament.
Why Host A Masters Watch Party?
Attending the Masters is an experience of a lifetime that can only be understood if you have walked the golf course and experienced the sights, sounds, and ambiance. The prestige and honor intertwine your mind as you observe the top players in the world performing on a pristine canvas called Augusta National.
If you were not lucky enough to get drawn for badges to this great sporting event, the next best thing would be hosting a Masters viewing party in your living room.
A viewing party is a great way to gather with friends who also appreciate the Augusta National’s Masters tournament hosted the first full week of April. With some planning, you can create your own memorable Masters Sunday event right in your home. Everyone is going to have so much fun!
Tip For Planning a Great Masters Themed Party
To make your Masters party planning easy, get a copy of my Master’s Party Planner. The planner has a golf-themed look with all the following printable blank pages.
- Brainstorming golf party page
- Guest list
- Menu planning
- Day of the party schedule
- Count down checklist by month, week, and days
- Party space grid planner
- Free printable letter banner
Can I use the Augusta National logo for decorations?
Augusta National takes its logo copyright very seriously. If you find products with their logo somewhere other than the gift shop in Augusta, it’s probably a knockoff.
Out of respect to Augusta National, I have not included any decorations to print or purchase with the logo on them.
This Web site and all textual, illustrative, video, and audio information and other data (collectively “Content”) contained or displayed herein are the exclusive property of Augusta National, Inc. The content is available for personal viewing and reading only and is not to be copied, reproduced, performed, displayed, published, distributed, edited, or modified, in whole or in part, by any means, for any purpose without the express consent of Augusta National, Inc.
Golf Party Decoration Ideas
The Masters golf tournament has distinctive green, white and yellow colors that you can use in decorating your home for your viewing party.
Next, fill your home with the classic pink azaleas that Augusta is known for. Fresh azaleas are not always easy to purchase, so opt for silk flowers.
Fun Golf Party Favors
For fun, give your guest a stress golf ball as a party favor. Perfect for watching an intense playoff. They could also use these on a stressful workday.
Tip: Quick Golf Party Decorations
If you need quick and easy printable golf decorations, get my printable Golf Party Pack.
DIY Golf Wreath
Greet your Masters viewing party guest with party decorations to set the stage as soon as they get to your door.
How to make a Masters golf wreath
- To make your own wreath start with a simple wreath from your local craft store.
- Add some Masters traditional colors with green foliage and yellow flowers.
- Next, head to your local thrift store and purchase some kids size golf clubs. I got these for $7 at our local Goodwill.
- Wire the golf clubs in an X pattern across the wreath
- Hot glue some golf balls on the bottom corner and hang
What To Wear To A Masters Party
A perfect choice to wear to a Masters party is, of course, a green jacket.
If casual attire is your style, then get a My Green Jacket Is In The Wash t-shirt.
What Do Women Wear To The Masters?
Angela from the Thrifty Pineapple shares great tips and ideas for women attending the Masters. She also gives 5 Things I Definitely Recommend Wearing/Bringing to the tournament.
As a local Augustan, I think Angela nails the three types of patrons and how they dress. Local women are a collector of baseball-style Masters hats. I have some dating back to when I was in high school. Yes, they are over 30 years old. They always stay in style.
- Serious Golfers: You can tell the serious golfers right off the bat. They have cute golf skirts, polos, pullover sweaters, and sneakers on. They don’t care about anything but watching the tournament.
- Locals: These people have been to the Masters more times than you can count. They’re rocking cute chino shorts, a sweater, and likely an old Masters hat. It is obvious this isn’t their first rodeo, and they’re likely there on business.
- Stylish Cuties: When walking through the parking lot, I was like, “dang it, I’m for sure way overdressed.” However, as the day went on, I saw more and more people dressed like me. There were a lot of Lilly dresses and a lot of seersucker, most of which were dressed down with hats or sneakers. Don’t get me wrong, I did get some strange looks from serious golfers, but we were both there for different reasons.
Is there a dress code at the Masters
The Masters website does not say much about attire other than “Appropriate clothing and shoes should be worn at all times. Golf shoes with metal spikes are not permitted.” However, there is an understood dress code for most patrons.
- Dress like you are a golf pro
- Khakis and a golf polo are always good choices.
- Never wear high heels! It’s a dead giveaway that you know nothing about golf or redflag that it’s your first time at the tournament
- Ladies should wear an appropriate length dress or skirt for walking up hills and sitting on bleachers.
- Don’t wear jeans
- The weather changes from cool mornings to hot afternoons for most years, so wear a jacket that is easy to fold up into your bag.
Masters Party Menu
Here is a great idea for your Masters party menu. Recreate the concession stand menu. I promise, next to the last putt into the 18th green’s hole, the food you serve will be the most memorable part of your party!
What To Serve With Masters Sandwiches
The concession stands even have Masters logos on their snacks.
- Potato chips
- BBQ chips
- Fresh mixed fruit
- Masters trail mix
Masters Champions Dinner
Here is a fun way to incorporate golf-themed recipes into your party menu. Each year the previous year’s winner gets to create a Masters Champion Dinner Menu. Dustin Johnston chooses some southern favorites like these corn fritters with lobster.
Party Drinks and Cocktails
Keeping with a golf theme for your menu, be sure to serve these Augusta favorites.
Golf Themed Dessert Ideas
Masters Recipes Tip
To make it easy and save you time, you can get all the Masters recipes in one printable cookbook or Kindle book.
How To Serve Masters Food At A Party
At the Masters, the food is all served in plastic green bags or snack bags. If you want to be authentic, then get a box of these green plastic sandwich bags.
Set Up A Tournament Watch List
The Masters Tournament website is a must-visit so you are sure you do not miss a moment of the tournament action. There are also great moments in golf clips that you will definitely want to watch.
Watch great moments in golf at the Masters
Before the tournament starts on TV, your party guest will enjoy watching these great moments in golf at the Masters. Cast these videos to your TV from your laptop or phone. I get goosebumps watching these! Great moments like these:
- A Fourth Green Jacket Earned
- 1986 Final Round
- Donning a Sixth Green Jacket
- Naturescapes from Augusta National Golf Club
- 2004 Masters Final Round
- Walk the Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club with Geoff Shackelford
- A Love Letter from Jack Nicklaus
- Rory McIlroy: Tuesday Interview 2019
- The Art of Putting at Augusta
Listen to live Masters Broadcast
Be sure to tune in the the Masters Live Feed during the tournament week.
You also might like to listen to the official Masters Podcast replays during your party. Follow along as host Marty Smith explores Tournament storylines and visits with notable guests from the worlds of sport, entertainment, and pop culture.