Throwing a Masters party with your golf enthusiast friends will be easy with these Masters party ideas. Learn simple decorating tips, ideas for what to wear, and recipes to help you serve traditional foods from the Masters.
Why throw a Masters viewing party?
Being at the Masters is an experience of a lifetime. It can only be understood if you have walked the course, experience the sights, sounds, and ambiance. The prestige and honor intertwine your mind as you observe the top players in the world performing on a pristine canvas called Augusta National.
Creating a Masters viewing party for your golf enthusiast friends will be so much fun. It will be easy with these simple decorating tips, ideas for what to wear, and recipes to help you serve traditional foods from the Masters.
How to host the party?
Bring a little Masters Golf to your table! I have compiled the most FAMOUS AUGUSTA GOLF COPYCAT RECIPES associated with the traditions of golf in one cookbook. Learn the recipe's history, get tips on making the recipe, and print beautiful golf-themed recipe cards. Your friends and family will love these!
Next, get a copy of this Master's Party Planner. It will help you easily create the perfect Masters viewing party.
Is there a dress code at the Masters?
The Masters web site does not say much about attire other than "Appropriate clothing and shoes should be worn at all times. Golf shoes with metal spikes are not permitted." However, there is an understood dress code for most patrons.
- Dress like you are a golf pro
- Khakis and a golf polo are always good choices
- Never wear high heels! It's a dead giveaway you know nothing about golf or it's your first time at the tournament
- Ladies should wear an appropriate length dress or skirts for walking up hills and sitting on bleachers
- Don't wear jeans
- The weather changes from cool mornings to hot afternoons for most years so wear a jacket that is easy to fold up into your bag.
What to wear to a Masters party
What women should wear to the Masters
Angela from the Thrifty Pineapple shares great tips and ideas for women attending the Masters. She also gives 5 Things I Definitely Recommend Wearing/Bringing to the tournament.
As a local myself, I think Angela nails the three types of patrons and how they dress. Locals are a collector of hats, I have some dating back from when I was in high school. Yes, they are over 30 years old.
- Serious Golfers: You can tell the serious golfers right off the bat. They have their cute golf skirts, polos and/or pullover and sneakers on. They don’t care about anything but watching the tournament.
- Locals: These people have been to the Masters more times than you can count. They’re rocking cute chino shorts, sweater and likely an old Masters hat. This isn’t their first rodeo and they’re likely there on business.
- Stylish Cuties: When walking through the parking lot I was like, “dang it, I’m for sure way overdressed.” However, as the day went on I saw more an more people dressed like me. There were a lot of Lilly dresses and a lot of seersucker, most of which were dressed down with hats or sneakers. Don’t get me wrong, I did get some strange looks from serious golfers, but we were both there for different reasons.
Golf decor ideas
Greet your Masters viewing party guest with party decorations to set the stage as soon as they get to your door.
How to make a Masters golf wreath
- To make your own wreath start with a simple wreath from your local craft store.
- Add some Masters traditional colors with green foliage and yellow flowers.
- Next, head to your local thrift store and purchase some kids size golf clubs. I got these for $7 at our local Goodwill.
- Wire the golf clubs in an X pattern across the wreath
- Hot glue some golf balls on the bottom corner and hang
Can I use the Augusta National logo for decorations?
Augusta National takes its logo copyright very seriously. If you find products with it on somewhere other than the gift shop in Augusta it's probably a knockoff.
This Web site and all textual, illustrative, video, and audio information and other data (collectively "Content") contained or displayed herein are the exclusive property of Augusta National, Inc. The content is available for personal viewing and reading only, and is not to be copied, reproduced, performed, displayed, published, distributed, edited or modified, in whole or in part, by any means, for any purpose without the express consent of Augusta National, Inc.
Golf party decoration ideas
The Masters golf tournament has distinctive green, white and yellow colors that you can use in decorating your home for your viewing party.
Next, fill your home with the classic pink azaleas that Augusta is known for. Fresh azaleas are not always easy to purchase so opt for silk flowers.
What food is served at the Masters?
One of my favorite parts about spending the day on the course is the food Augusta National has to offer during the Masters! The prices are just unbelievable and the food is always excellent.
You can get all the recipes in Kindle or a printable pdf Famous Augusta Golf Copycat Recipes Cookbook.
Party paper product ideas
Golf party decorations
For your golf party table decorations, run an artificial turf table runner down the center. Fill some vases with golf balls and add your pink azaleas or water and fresh flowers. Line up a few fun toy golf carts as accents and sprinkle some tees around.
Watch great moments in golf at the Masters
Before the tournament starts on TV, your party guest will enjoy watching these great moments in golf at the Masters. Just pull them up on your laptop or phone and cast them on your TV. I get goosebumps watching these! Great moments like these:
- A Fourth Green Jacket Earned
- 1986 Final Round
- Donning a Sixth Green Jacket
- Naturescapes from Augusta National Golf Club
- 2004 Masters Final Round
- Walk the Grounds of Augusta National Golf Club with Geoff Shackelford
- A Love Letter from Jack Nicklaus
- Rory McIlroy: Tuesday Interview 2019
- The Art of Putting at Augusta
You also might like to listen to the official Masters Podcast replays during your party. Follow along as host Marty Smith explores Tournament storylines and visits with notable guests from the worlds of sport, entertainment, and pop culture
Listen to live Masters
Be sure to tune it the the Masters Live Feed during the tournament week.
- Augusta National Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Pimento Cheese Crackers (using the Masters Pimento Cheese recipe)
- Arnold Palmer Drink
- The Masters Peach Ice Cream Sandwich
🎥 Need more ideas?
Be sure and check out all my WEB STORIES for more delicious recipes and party ideas to get you inspired!
More party ideas
Hosting a fabulous Greek dinner party will be easy; using these inspirational menu ideas, easy printable decorations, and even a printable fun Greek game, your guest will have a blast playing.
It’s easy to host a Mexican Dinner Party that your friends and family will rave about. Get your Mexican Printable Party Pack and grab some recipes to get the party rolling!
Looking for easy Golf Party Ideas? Here you will find out how to easily throw a golf-themed party using this simple Golf Party Pack along with some fun tips and recipe ideas.
Browse these 40 dinner party themes; you are sure to find the perfect party idea that is easy for the hostess and fun for all your guests.
An Italian Dinner Party theme will create a festive memorable dinner party. Learn how to throw an easy dinner party using traditional Italian decor and authentic Italian recipes.
Here is a collection of the Best Themes For Parties that will have your guest talking about what a great party you threw to all their friends!
Relax and enjoy hosting your friends with these Casual Dinner Party Menu Ideas. With a little planning, you can create a relaxed and easy dinner party for you and your friends.
Try these Easy Mexican Party Theme Ideas and Recipes, your friends and family will be raving how clever you are for throwing such a great party!