Bourbon and Brown Butter Cookies are full of melt in your mouth caramel buttery flavor…
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are gluten-free, thick, soft and chewy packed with sweet peanut butter flavor.
Something about peanut butter cookies made with the classic crisscross fork marks makes me think of warm childhood memories. They pair perfectly with a cool glass of plant-based milk or a warm cup of coffee. Just a warning, they can be quite addictive, so go ahead and start with a big plate full.
These cookies are not only satisfying but are packed with protein and I used coconut sugar for a lower glycemic index. I also have been trying Pamela’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend in some recipes since I can not eat fructans. It worked wonderful in this recipe, so much so I am ordering more from Amazon to try with some more recipes. I’m excited to see what other recipes I can start making again.
For more tasty vegan cookies be sure and try my Coconut Cranberry Vegan Cookies
How to make vegan peanut butter cookies
The nice thing about these cookies is it’s easy to whip up a batch when you have company coming or you are needing some sweet comfort food.
Just mix your gluten-free four blend, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
Then in a stand mixer blend together your peanut butter, butter flavor coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and almond milk until creamy smooth. Then slowly mix in your dry ingredients until a large ball of dough is formed.
Scoop the cookies into uniform ball sizes, mash with a fork to form a crisscross and bake. So delicious!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend. I use Pamela's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter flavor coconut oil. I use Organic Nutiva
- 1/2 cup no sugars added chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix together gluten-free flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until creamy and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, blend on low speed until well mixed. The dough will be smooth and form a large ball.
- Use a cookie scoop to creat uniform size balls. Place on cookie sheet and then mash flat with a dinner fork to create crisscross marks.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool a few minutes and then move them to a cooling rack. The cookies will firm up as they cool. Store in airtight container for up to 4 days.