These breakfast cookies are packed with healthy ingredients, such as oats, chia, pecans, banana and a hint of cinnamon. They are gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, and perfect for a quick nutritious breakfast on the go your whole family will love.
One thing I really miss by eliminating white sugar from my diet is a big plate full of cookies at the end of a long day. Cookies are such comfort food.
So, you can understand why I was so excited to discover I could start my day with a plate full of healthy cookies!
Yes, it's true every ingredient in this recipe is good for you! They're a healthy on the go breakfast your family will rave about.
What is in a breakfast cookie?
- Rolled oats
- almond flour
- chia seeds
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- almond milk
- flax seeds
This breakfast cookie recipe is very versatile. You can change up your ingredients to your family's liking. Some ideas would be to add pumpkin seeds, cashews, walnuts or pistachios. Dried fruits could be raisins, apricots, cherries, or even one of my favorites, blueberries.
One ingredient that I feel adds a special zip to these vegan cookies is using Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor. It's non-GMO, steam refined from sustainably farmed coconuts. I stumbled across one day while shopping, and now use it in many of my vegan recipes.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Cranberry Vegan Cookies
- Bacon Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bourbon and Brown Butter Cookies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Cookie Mix Gift
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 large mashed banana about a cup worth
- 3 tablespoons melted butter flavor coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk more if needed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine oats, almond flour, dried cranberries, pecans, chia seeds, groundflax, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in finly mashed banana, coconut oil, mayple syrup, and almond milk. Mix well, adding more 1 to 2 tablespoons of almond milk if needed to make a thick dough.
- Divide dough into 10 even balls. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press balls flat a bit.
- Bake for 15-18 mnutes, or until cookies are lightly golden around the edges.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days.