Whip up a batch of Maple BBQ Dry Rub for your next cookout and you will find out how the sweetness of maple infused with spicy seasonings will bring your grilling techniques raving reviews from your family and friends.
I’m always on the hunt for a good dry rub recipe. I love finding new full flavored ingredients to combine, then allowing them to infuse throughout a piece of meat for a few hours before grilling.
Today I want to share with you a new twist on rubs that I created. I love a sweet and spicy rub but wanted something other than brown sugar. I decided to try maple sugar knowing it would give the meat a sweet, earthy note along with the other rub spices. Maple sugar is made out of 100% pure maple syrup. It is completely unrefined, giving perfect sweetness the way God created it for our enjoyment. Also, unlike highly processed white sugar, maple sugar contains naturally occurring minerals like potassium and calcium.
For this recipe try Coombs Family Farms Organic Pure Maple Sugar. It’s great to use in all kinds of recipes or try sprinkling on your warm popcorn for a late night sweet treat.
Be sure and make a double batch of Maple BBQ Dry Rub, use some on your steaks for dinner tonight and then the next time you cook out rub it on chicken or salmon. Just keep in an airtight container in your pantry.
Maple BBQ Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon granulated onions
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 6 tablespoons maple sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 2 teaspoons if you like it spicy
- 1 teaspoon crushed mixed peppercorns
- Combine all ingredients in a quart glass canning jar. Screw on lid and shake to combine ingredients.
- Rub on your favorite meat, placing the meat in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before grilling.
- Store extra rub in an airtight jar for up to 3 months.
Maple BBQ Dry Rub Nutrition