Creating your own delicious Italian seasoning and dressing at home is quick and easy with this recipe for Homemade Zesty Italian Seasoning and Dressing Mix. There are no artificial preservatives and it is low in sodium.
This is very similar to the little packets of dressing mixes you can get at the store but packed with more italian herbs and not a lot of salt. You can use this seasoning mix to create a wonderful vinaigrette salad dressing or use as a seasoning on roasted potatoes and other vegetables. Looking for a way to spice you your meats, then this zesty dressing will make a great marinade.
I start with herbs I’m growing in our garden, drying them in my Excalibur Food Dehydrator. I find their flavor is enhanced because the dehydrator’s temperature range is low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits, vegetables and herbs. They don’t get all dried out and crispy and they retain their color better.
However, purchasing good quality organic dried herbs will also make this seasoning mix a special zesty treat when preparing it for your meals.Print
Creating your own delicious Italian seasoning and dressing at home is easy and quick with my recipe for Homemade Zesty Italian Seasoning and Dressing Mix.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt finely ground
- Mix all in a small jar and seal with lid until needed
Creating your own delicious Italian dressing at home is easy and quick with my recipe for Homemade Zesty Italian Seasoning and Dressing Mix.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. Homemade Zesty Italian Seasoning Mix
- Combine all ingredients in a jar, screw on top and shake well.
affiliate link in post