It was one of those late night , I’m hungry but don’t know what to eat kind of nights. Jumped on Pinterest and found a recipe for Maple Glazed Popcorn by this HOMEMADE life.
Ok so popcorn is good for you, and maple, well it’s better for you than processed sugar so I decided to give it a try. It was very easy to make and didn’t take much time at all. I used a little more butter and a less maple syrup than the original recipe called for. It is also key to use real maple syrup, none of that fake stuff!
I allowed my butter and maple to come just to a frothy boil and then poured it slowly over my popcorn, tossing in the bowl as I went. Did a test sample and wow, it was really good. I decided to take my own photos of the maple glazed popcorn but I had trouble, I couldn’t stop eating it while I shot the pictures, which cased my hands to get all sticky and thus not a good thing for a camera.
- Maple Glazed Popcorn
- 1 cup popcorn kernels (or 6 cups popped popcorn)
- 5 tablespoons butter, separated
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- kosher salt
- Parchment paper
- Pop popcorn in 3 tablespoons butter, be sure to shake pot continually as you are popping the corn. I like to use an automatic stirring popper.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt remaining 2 tablespoon of butter. Once butter is melted add maple syrup. Stir to combine and heat syrup through just until it starts to bubble.
- Take off heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn and quickly toss to coat.
- Spread popped corn into a single layer of parchment paper and sprinkle with salt.
- Allow to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container.