Filling your kitchen with the sweet festive smell of homemade applesauce just got easier and quicker than you can imagine when you make Instant Pot Applesauce. This recipe has no added sugar and can be made in less than 20 minutes.
I can get a little enthusiastic when we go to the mountains to pick apples. Just the experience of harvesting apples creates in me the longing for a simpler time growing up on my family farm. Walking from tree to tree, enjoying the smells of nature, and the fellowship of fellow harvesters creates the perfect way to spend a fall day. However, before I know it, I have picked a bushel of apples to bring home.
This is all fine and good, but how many apples can one person consume before they go bad. To preserve the just-picked flavor of fresh apples, I have found a great way to quickly prepare homemade apple sauce using my Instant Pot. I then freeze pint-size containers.
How to make Instant Pot applesauce
First, choose a variety of apples for a full rounded flavored sauce. I like combining Granny Smith and Honey Crisp, but any sweet and tart apple pairs well together. Next, peel and core your apples. Toss them in your Instant Pot with water and a dash of lemon juice.
Pressure cook the apples on high pressure for 12 minutes and then do a quick release. Remove apples to a bowl and mash lightly for a chunky sauce or more for a thinner sauce.
This recipe can have endless variations of fun flavors. You can add cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or other fruits such as raspberries, pears, or even rhubarb. Let your imagination go and enjoy easy homemade apple sauce. Your family will love it, and shhh, it’s good for them.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Coconut Rice (this would go great with this simple dal recipe)
- Instant Pot Roast Beef and Lots of Gravy
- Instant Pot Vegan Bolognese
- Indian Toor Dal Instant Pot Recipe With Rice
- Instant Pot Boiled Peanuts
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It helps others find the recipe! ❤️️
Instant Pot Applesauce
- 10 medium apples 5 tart and 5 sweet varieties
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Wash apples, peel and core. I simpley peel then quarter the apples and cut the core out with a knife.
- Place apples in Instant Pot with 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Close lid and pressure knob then put on high pressure for 12 minutes. When finished do a quick release of the pressure valve.
- Remove apples to a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher. You can slightly mash for a chunky sauce or more for a fine thinner sauce.