Valentine’s Day Party Foods
Want to do something out of the ordinary for family, friends, or that special someone on Valentine’s Day? Serve up some of the best Valentine’s Day party foods and your party, dinner, or gathering is sure to be a hit!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Valentine’s is a special occasion that is the perfect opportunity to show your loved ones how much you care about them.
What better way to do that than by cooking up a delicious feast for them? After all, the fastest way to the heart is through the stomach!
A fun way to host a Valentine’s party is to focus on a unique theme. Your guest will remember a fun-themed dinner for years to come. Try one of these Dinner Party Theme Ideas or a Fun and Unique Couples Dinner Party to center your valentine’s party around. There are so many cute ideas for a memorable party.
You will find everything you need to choose the perfect Valentine’s Day recipes to serve this year including lots of Valentine-themed recipes from cocktails, appetizers, main dish menu ideas to desserts.
What do you serve at a Valentine’s Day party?
There’s a whole range of foods and ideas for Valentine’s Day. What you serve may vary depending on exactly who you are planning on serving food to on Valentine’s Day. Here’s some quick idea of our favorite Valentine’s Day party ideas:
- Party for Two: If you have a romantic date planned or someone you want to impress then be sure and serve them this Love Potion Valentine’s Day Cocktail to start off followed by Marry Me Slow Cooker Cornish Hens as the main dish. They are love potions everyone is sure to enjoy!
- Couple’s Party: Sharing a Valentine’s Day with your favorite couple friends is a great way to enjoy friends for Valentine’s Day. Serve up a fun party food bar along with the pink, fruity Azalea cocktail.
- Family Gathering: Nothing is more fun than sharing a special Valentine’s Dinner with family. Serve up classic comfort foods or family favorites such as Turkey Bolognese Pasta or Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Legs.
❤️ TOP TIP: Invest in a few cookie cutters in a heart shape!! Use these to make cookies, cut out cheese, pastry, or anything else you can think of into hearts!
What is a sweet thing to eat on Valentine’s Day?
Anything can be a sweet treat if it’s made with love! Some of our favorites include:
- Dark chocolate strawberry tarts: Not only do these taste amazing but it’s an easy recipe and is perfect for someone that is on a vegan diet!
- Homemade brownies: Red cranberries make this a festive homemade brownie recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- Chocolate mocha cupcakes: Cupcakes are a great idea to take to a kid’s class party. Use Valentine-themed cupcake wrappers and cute toppers to transform these into a Valentine’s Day treat.
What should I serve for Valentine’s party drinks?
There are many Valentine’s party drinks that you can choose from. Some of our favorites include:
- Champagne or wine
- Pink cocktails: You could serve a classic Cosmopolitan, Azalea Cocktail, or a special Valentine’s Day cocktail.
- Other Cocktails: If you’re not feeling the pink cocktail, you might enjoy this ginger pear infused cocktail.
- Sparkling grape juice or apple cider
- Hot chocolate with heart-shaped marshmallows
- Cranberry juice with a few fresh strawberries sliced in it
- Mocktails: If you’re looking for some more nonalcoholic drinks for special occasions check out this list of spring mocktails for inspiration.
What is the food of love?
If you want romance to bloom, make oysters. They are a classic aphrodisiac, and according to legend the most famous romantic food on the planet!
Believe it or not, such claims are actually backed by science: raw oysters are very high in zinc, which raises sperm and testosterone production, thus increasing libido.
Serve them up simple in this Fresh oysters with simple champagne and blood orange mignonette recipe.
💘 Italian Themed Valentines Dinner
It’s amore! Why not serve a romantic Italian Dinner Party to woo your loved one?
Both healthy and delicious, this eggplant and beef meatball recipe is the perfect food to serve to Valentine’s Day party guests!
⭐ Hint: Here is a great way to cook and serve meatballs for your valentine using this red Italian Oven to Table Casserole Dish Set. It’s both beautiful when cooking and serving!
Valentine’s Day Appetizer Recipes
Throw an appetizer party or simply serve up some snacks before dinner. Here are some fun Valentine-themed appetizers or just tasty snacks we think everyone will love!
Sweet and Savory Baked Brie
Valentine’s Dinner Menu
Next up is the main dish! There are so many different options for main dishes you can serve but here are a few favorites!
Marry Me Slow Cooker Cornish Hens Recipe
Chocolate Recipes for Valentine’s Day
Chocolate and Valentine’s Day are almost synonyms for each other! Chocolate is the classic Valentine’s Day sweet treat. Keep it simple or go for a more elaborate chocolate dessert. Here are our top favorites.
Bacon Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
Easy Valentine’s Day Dessert Ideas
If chocolate isn’t your or special someone’s thing, there are so many other special Valentine’s Day desserts to make.
Valentines Cocktails and Mocktails
Drinks are a little something extra you can add on to your Valentine’s Day party menu to add a little extra splash. It’s a great way to level up even the simplest event and making it into something extra special.
Choose from our favorite alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks.
Pink Azalea Cocktail
Here you will find the perfect mocktail recipe for your next party. These recipes are perfect to make in small batches or large punch bowls.
Valentine’s Day Snack Recipes
These little snacks are great to put in small little bowls at your party. Some even work well to package up and give away as party favors.
More Party Recipes and Ideas
🎉 Be sure and sign up to get your free Party In The Freezer Ecookbook. I’ll send it right to you and keep you up to date with all that is happing on Intentional Hospitality