Create some fun and easy get-togethers with friends using these 20 Fun Build Your Own Food Bar Ideas. Food bars create an informal atmosphere that you can prepare before your guest arrive which allows you to relax and enjoy spending time with your guest.
Building a food bar can be simple, or you can let your creative side go wild.
- I like picking a theme first, then shop my house for anything that might fit into that theme.
- I also gather items that will help me tier up the bar to make different heights to place the food on because I like the appearance, and I can get more items on the bar easily. These could be simple, sturdy boxes that I cover with a tablecloth, wooden crates or wine boxes.
- Next, I make a trip to my favorite stores such as the party store, Goodwill, or craft store for more cute supplies.
- I usually start cooking the day before getting everything ready that can be prepped beforehand. I also start setting up the bar the evening before.
- I gather all my serving dishes, silverware, plates and such placing them on the bar.
- Then on party day, I finish cooking the other food and put the finishing touches on the bar before guests arrive.
Create one of these 20 Fun Build Your Own Food Bar Ideas and your friends will be talking about your party for weeks to come.
PARTY PLANNER CHECKLIST
Get this Free Printable Party Planner to help you easily throw a fun and memorable party. This planner will keep the process of planning a party easy.
- Brainstorming and party details sheet
- Day of the party schedule
- Count down to-do checklist
- Party space grid planner sheet
- Free printable banner with letters
You can make these pdf pages into a party binder by printing all the pages, hole punch them, and place in a notebook.
20 Fun Build Your Own Food Bar Ideas
1. Carestore has some great ideas for creating a gourmet burger bar. Almost all this bar can be prepped the day before only having to grill the burgers as guest arrive.
2. Simple Bites shares how to set up a food bar your friends will talk about long after the party is over. To make this super easy just pick up some subs, slice up fresh veggies and serve with dip.
3. What a fun idea to have a french fry bar, all you have to do is add some burgers on the grill, and you have a positively fun meal. For more ideas head on over to Southern Revivals
4. Wedding Chicks has a fabulous post on how to create a taco bar. They also have adorable free printables to go along with the theme.
5. Pen n' Paper Flowers has a super cute idea using baskets, a pull cart, and some old barrels to create a fun popcorn bar.
6. PS by Dila has some fun ideas for creating a burger bar. What a great idea to use old bean cans to hold the silverware.
7. Here is a super easy idea that doesn't even require you cooking! One Fab Day shares great ideas on how to build your pizza bar station.
8. The Handmade Home created an easy burrito bowl bar with a really cute chalkboard sign for decorations.
9. Pick up some takeout sushi, mix up some salad in a Chinese takeout box and you have a party! One Fab Day
10. I love KitchenAid's idea to build your own Ramen noodle bowl party! What fun and super easy to prep for when you use your crockpot.
11. Living Locurto has some wonderful ideas to create a cute chili bar. She also offers free printables to go with the party.
12. Now here is a fun one for all ages, because everybody loves grilled cheese! Your Homebased Mom
13. Keeping Up With The Joneses has a fun Panini bar. I like the black and red with all white dishes.
14. No baking skills needed with Celebrations At Home baked potato bar. Bake some potatoes and prep the toppings in bowls, super easy.
15. Bless Her Heart Y'all has a pasta bar dinner that looks delicious. Her chalkboard menu sign adds a great touch to the decorations. It's the little things that make a bar memorable.
16. How about having friends over for breakfast. Kojodesigns has an easy to prepare and elegant biscuit bar.
17. Here is a breakfast party idea that young and old alike will love. PB&J Babes shows us how to make a pancake bar.
18. Camille Styles shows us how to set up the perfect bagel bar, what a fun idea.
19. This is my personal favorite because I love all the foods on this tray. Eating a Bruschetta Bar can be a casual and relaxing dinner paired with the perfect wine. What's Gaby Cooking
20. Short Stop Blog has a fun idea for creating a mashed potato bar. Serving in cute steamed glasses instead of bowls jazzes this party up.