Getting food ready for a big church potluck can be a bit challenging, but with the help of your slow cooker, it can be easier. I am sharing with you some of my Favorite Easy Church Potluck Crockpot Recipes that everyone asks for the recipe afterward. The best part is a crock pot saves you time on Sunday morning because you can prep the ingredients ahead of time, carry it to church and allow the slow cooker to simmer until it's time to eat.
I will tell you the best slow cooker that will not make a mess in your car when transporting it to and from church. I have also compiled some tips and tricks for slow cooker potluck recipes that will make your next potluck recipe a sure hit!
- Why Have A Church Potluck
- How To Organize A Church Potluck
- How To Host The Perfect Potluck
- Best Slow Cooker For Potlucks
- My Favorite Easy Church Potluck Crockpot Recipes
- Easy Recipes Under 5 Ingredients
- Chicken Slow cooker Recipes
- Crockpot Side Dishes For Church Potluck
- Cheese Lovers Crock Pot Recipes
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
- Hearty Soup Favorite Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes
- Tips For Using Your Crock Pot
Why Have A Church Potluck
- Church potlucks are a great way for members of a church community to come together and bond over a shared meal.
- It provides a great opportunity for members to get to know one another, build relationships, and even share stories of their faith.
- Praising God and sharing what He has been doing in their lives as a community is always a great way to strengthen the bond between members and create a positive, loving atmosphere.
- A church potluck can also be a time of fellowship and fun. Talking and playing games together after dinner builds the bonds of the church family.
How To Organize A Church Potluck
- Set a theme: Consider setting a theme for the potluck, such as "comfort food" or "international cuisine." A theme can help ensure that the dishes complement each other and provide a cohesive meal.
- Create a sign-up sheet: Create a sign-up sheet for people to list the dish they will bring. A list can help ensure a good variety of dishes will be brought and avoid duplicates.
- Coordinate serving supplies: Make sure to coordinate with volunteers to bring serving supplies such as plates, utensils, and napkins. You may also need volunteers to help set up and clean up the event.
- Consider dietary restrictions: Be sure to ask people to indicate any dietary restrictions or allergies when they sign up so that everyone can enjoy the meal. Consider assigning a separate table for gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan dishes.
- Promote the potluck: Promote the potluck through the church bulletin, website, or social media. Encourage everyone to invite friends and family to join in the community meal.
Free Potluck Party Planner
Let me help make your next potluck easy! Get your free copy of my printable potluck party planner.
Best Slow Cooker For Potlucks
No matter how hard I tried, I always had a spill or leak when transporting a full slow cooker to a church dinner. I finally found a foolproof, no mess slow cooker that made toating it in the car easy and mess-free!
My absolute favorite slow cooker for potlucks is the Presto Nomad 8-quart Traveling Slow Cooker!
- It's easy to carry with a swing up handle.
- It has a locking lid that seals tight for spill-proof transport
- The slow cooker has a rugged cooler-style body.
- Cool-touch housing keeps the inside hot and the outside cool to touch.
- Viewing window lets ou see what is inside without having to unlock the lid.
- Bult in cord storage and removable utensil holder doubles as a spoon holder.
- Easy to clean exterior so the slow cooker always looks new.
- Removable cooking pan for easy clean-up.
My Favorite Easy Church Potluck Crockpot Recipes
I have gathered some of my favorite easy crockpot recipes that are always a big hit with friends and family. Most require minimal prep time and they are all easy to make.
Easy Recipes Under 5 Ingredients
Some of my favorite recipes to make in my slow cooker have under 5 ingredients. They are really quick and simple to make. With only a few required ingredients, they are budget-friendly and easy enough for the kids to pitch in and help make dinner.
Chicken Slow cooker Recipes
These chicken slow cooker potluck recipes are easy to prepare. They can all be prepared with boneless chicken breast, chicken thighs, or turkey.
Crockpot Side Dishes For Church Potluck
Cheese Lovers Crock Pot Recipes
You will surely bring a hit recipe to your next church potluck if it has a lot of cheese. The slow cooker is perfect for this type of recipe since you have a low and slow heat, allowing the cheese not to burn but become a gooey stringing bite of goodness.
Some favorite cheese crockpot add-ins are shredded cheeses such as pepper jack or cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and parmesan.
Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes
Hearty Soup Favorite Recipes
Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes
Tips For Using Your Crock Pot
Slow cooker recipes are usually easy and always turn out perfect. However, some mishaps are easy to fix with a few simple tips.
- Chili Is Watery or Thin: Here are some great tips for How To Thicken Chili In a Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot. Here, you will find a variety of ideas that use everyday pantry items to thicken the chili.
- No Beef Broth: We have all had it happen, you are right in the middle of making a recipe, and you realize you are out of beef broth, so you can finish making dinner. Save yourself a trip to the grocery by using one of these 25 Easy Substitutes For Beef Broth In A Slow Cooker.
- Sauces and Soups Are Wattery: Sometimes, after cooking a recipe in a slow cooker, the mixture is too thin and watery, or perhaps you're looking for a thicker consistency that will cling to the food better. Here is your rescue: How To Thicken Sauces In A Slow Cooker. These tips will also help thicken stews, chili, tomato sauces, and soups that were cooked in a slow cooker. In any case, there are several simple ways to thicken stews, sauces, and soups, and in this article, we'll discuss some of the most popular methods!
- Safety Guide For Using A Slow Cooker: Slow cookers are great for busy families, but there are a few Safty Tips for Using Your Slow Cooker Properly.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe