Try some of these 50 delicious and unique hummus recipes—fun ingredients such as beetroot, carrot, avocado, and various veggies, beans, and spices.
What is traditional hummus?
Hummus is a Middle Eastern dip traditionally made with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. The ingredients are blended to form a smooth, creamy dip or spread.
Is hummus healthy?
According to Healthline, research has linked hummus and its ingredients to a variety of impressive health benefits, including helping fight inflammation, improving blood sugar control, better digestive health, lower heart disease risk, and weight loss.
How long can hummus sit out?
Wondering how long hummus can sit out? Here is the best tips guide for storing and serving hummus. How Long Can Hummus Sit Out Guide
How can I make hummus more interesting?
There are endless ways to make plain traditional hummus more interesting. Hummus is a base for endless flavor combinations using unique spices and produce. You will be amazed at all the unique hummus recipes below.
What can I mix with hummus?
- Homemade Zesty Italian Seasoning Mix and Dressing
- Thai Seasoning
- Sazon Seasoning
- Homemade Mexican Seasoning Mix
- Easy BBQ Coffee Dry Rub Recipe
How can I change up hummus?
- Drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil and bake in a small oven-proof ceramic dish at 350F until it’s warmed through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Swirl pesto, herbs, or minced veggies right into your hummus.
- Seed it by topping it wh chopped sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, or Spicy Seed Topping
- Whip it by placing your hummus into a food processor and adding cream cheese or feta.
- Bedazzle the top of your hummus with pomegranate seeds, fresh herbs, or colorful diced fruits.
- Smother it with caramelized onions and chopped BBQ Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
- Spice it up with jalapeno Canned Cowboy Candy
Unique hummus recipes?
Here you will find over 50 great unique hummus recipes—everything from beetroot, carrot, avocado, dessert, to variations with beans, legumes, and vegetables.
Alternative vegetable hummus recipes
Here are some great ways to create unique hummus flavors by mixing in different vegetables such as carrots, beets, or cauliflower.
Cauliflower Hummus has a creamy nutty flavor, with hints of roasted garlic, cumin, and sesame. It is a nutritious snack that is paleo, keto, and vegan.
Carrot hummus recipes
Ideas for hummus using beans and legumes
Black Eyed Pea Hummus is where the south meets traditional hummus with a twist in this delicious, slightly nutty flavored dip.
Lima Bean Hummus is a smooth buttery dip that is perfect with crackers, bread, and vegetables or as a condiment on sandwiches.
Y’all are going to love this Boiled Peanut Hummus! A smooth, nutty flavor with a punch of lemon and garlic makes this a southern hummus boiled peanut recipe you will make again and again.
Hummus spice variation ideas
This Best Garlic Hummus recipe is an easy homemade recipe that is delicious and the greatest part is, hummus is good for you, so indulge without guilt.
Beetroot hummus recipes
Vegan hummus recipes
How to serve hummus
Hummus is traditionally served with pita chips or bread. Get creative and try some new ways to serve hummus.
- This soft, chewy Whole Wheat Naan Recipe makes a healthy, authentic old-world bread perfect for dipping or stuffing to make a sandwich.
- Pimento Cheese Crackers recipe is easy to make with only 4 simple ingredients. These homemade crackers are perfect for serving as an appetizer or enjoying as a savory snack.
- Use as a spread on sandwich bread like Vegan Beer Bread.
- Use chopped veggies as a scoop like celery, carrots, broccoli, or cauliflower.
- Try it on kinds of pasta and tossed on salads.
- If you have a sweet hummus, serve with fruit slices.