These game day party food bar ideas are a fun and easy way to feed a crowd while watching your favorite team play. Get tips for decorating, setting up a foobar, and recipe ideas for the next big game day.
What are game day party food bars?
Party food bars are a great way to serve food through all 4 quarters of the game easily. All the food can be prepared before the party. You can also have the whole food bar set up before guests arrive. They will have the freedom to come and go from the food bar to grab a bite throughout the game. It will be easy for you, just refilling items during commercials if needed. You won't have to miss a play the whole game.
Tips for building a food bar
- PARTY PLANNER PRINTABLE: Hop on over and get my FREE PRINTABLE PARTY PLANNER. It will make planning a party easy without missing any last-minute details.
- PLAN AHEAD: Plan for at least 75% of your foods to be made the day before. Also, don't try to make everything. It's ok to buy premade items such as veggie trays and desserts.
- SET UP THE SERVING TABLE THE DAY BEFORE: Go ahead and get all the decorations set up the day before. Set out all your serving pieces out and arrange the furniture if you need to.
- PLAN FOR HOT AND COLD FOODS: As you set up your table, designate zones for warm foods and another for cold foods. Get extension cords ready. Be sure and tape them to the floor if needed to prevent tripping.
- PLAN BACKWARDS: On game day, start setting out dishes by which foods can sit out safely the longest. For example, set out your chips, cut veggies, and baked goods. Also, get your crackpots going so everything is cooked according to schedule. As the time approaches for the party to start, begin setting out foods that should be kept cold or freshly heated.
How to decorate for a game day party
- Touchdown Football Themed Cups:
- Football Tablecloth
- Football Table Centerpiece: Football player silhouette centerpieces in 3 different pose styles.
- Football Cutout Signs: Perfect to decorate rooms, entryway, porch, and walls.
- Touchdown Football Field Pennant
- Football Serveware Supplies: Football themed plastic serving dishes
- Ceramic Football Stadium Chip and Dip Serving Set
- Football Party Supplies Snack Cups
- Football Dinner Plates
- Football Tumbler Beer Glass Set
What do you serve at a football party?
When it comes to football and food, your guest is most happy with various snacks they can graze on throughout the whole game. Easy to grab and hold foods are perfect since everyone is centered around the tv for the big game. Party food bars are a great way to serve food through all 4 quarters of the game easily.
- Start by picking a theme for your food bar. Below are some fun ideas such as a sub bar, Mexican themed bar, healthy football snack bar, chips and dips, and a budget-friendly food bar.
- Next, download my Free Printable Party Planner. Print the brainstorming page and start jotting down some ideas.
- Then fill out your menu page.
- Print the shopping list, pull all your recipes, and write down what you will need to buy at the grocery.
- Print your countdown checklist and get ready for the party.
Wings party bar
Everyone loves wings and football together. Why not have a competition for all your guest to bring their favorite wings and award prizes for the best tasting, spiciest, most unique flavors. Try my Copycat Ranch Dip recipe and be sure and serve lots of carrot and celery sticks.
You might want to pick up some wing food trays for mess-free cleanup.
Game day chili bar
Get your crockpots ready and fill them with a variety of chili recipes. Serve up a batch of BEER BREAD and plenty of crackers for dipping. You could also ask your guest to bring a crockpot full of their favorite chili recipe. Have a competition and award prizes for best-tasting chili, spices, or most unique recipes. Grab one of these fun Chili Cook-Off Award trophies for the winners.
Serve your guest this special beer bread to dip in their chili. You can make it ahead, and it's perfect with a good bowl of chile!
The Best Copycat Texas Roadhouse Chili Recipe is a thick Texas-style chili filled with traditional smoky chili seasonings, a touch of heat then topped with cheddar cheese and red onions. It's a homemade hearty meal your whole family will enjoy as a favorite a cold winter night.
Healthy game day food
You don't have to give up healthy food choices when creating a healthy game-day food bar. Rework traditional football food recipes with a healthy twist. Opt for an air fryer vs. a deep fat fry. You can also substitute high-fat meats for veggies such as these buffalo cauliflower bites.
Mexican football food bar
Everyone loves a Mexican-themed party! Setting up a Mexican bar for the big game will make everyone happy. To really make it a fiesta, try these Easy Mexican Party Theme Ideas and Recipes. Your friends and family will be raving how clever you are for throwing such a great party!
Dips and chips bar
Looking for a light and easy snack bar idea that is easy to make the day before the party? Try a dips and chips bar. Serve a variety of dips, then add chips, crackers, or pieces of bread.
Hot dog party food bar
This bar is really easy to create. Fill small canning jars with condiments and some bowls with relish, slaw, and sauerkraut. Fill a crockpot full of chili to serve over the hotdogs. Then get a variety of chips your everyone will enjoy. Grill your hotdogs and sausage dogs before guests arrive. Place them in a warm crockpot with a 1/2 cup of water at the bottom. They will stay warm through the whole game if they last that long. Get some Red Checker Paper Hot Dog Trays for easy serving and clean up.
Italian party food bar
An Italian party food bar would be a unique idea. Grab some Fun Shaped Football & Helmet Noodles and serve with your favorite pasta sauce. What a fun idea!
Food bar on a budget
No need to skimp on flavor just because you are on a budget. These budget-friendly party food recipes are easy to make and delicious.
Easy make ahead food bar
Here are recipes that can all be made the day before the big game. Some will need to be heated just before your guests arrive.
These shooters would also be fun to serve in the Red Solo Shot Cups for easy cleanup.
Super bowl party food bar
When you are hosting a Super Bowl party, it's all about the traditional game-day foods. Pork, potatoes, and spicy foods are a theme here!
Everyone is going to love this dessert during a Super Bowl party. Beer, pretzels, and ice cream what could be better?
Football snack bar
Bite-size finger food snacks are a great way to feed a crowd. Fill your food bar with plenty of plates and bowls because everyone will be coming back over and over for these creative snacks.
Ok, this recipe might be a little strange to some, but southerners know a great way to cook peanuts is to boil them. I like canning my own, but you can also do a stovetop method or buy them already cooked in a can in your peanut isle.
Crockpot football game food
Keep it easy on yourself by using a crockpot to do all the cooking and serving in. Get some extension cords ready and ask everyone to bring their favorite crockpot snack. Your meal will stay warm even if the game goes into overtime.
Get one of these fun Football-Shaped Slow Cookers for all your game day parties.
You will need to make a big batch of punch to go along with your food bar. Be sure and browse through my Delicious Party Juice Recipes.
More game day party food bar ideas
For more great party ideas, be sure and check out these 20 Fun Build Your Own Food Bar Ideas. These food bars are great make-ahead party foods before guests arrive, which allows you to relax and enjoy the big game! You also might want to check out my Quick & Easy Cheap Party Finger Foods Ideas.
MORE PARTY IDEAS
- Ultimate List For Party Bus Themes
- Easy Indian Dinner Party Ideas and Recipes
- The Best "Fun" Adult Birthday Party Ideas
- Favorite Adult Christmas Party Ideas and Games For 2021
- Fun & Unique Couples Dinner Party Ideas & Themes
- 7 Groovy 60s Party Themes ( Decor, Music, Food, Tips)
- 37 Best Dress Up Party Themes For Adults
- Fiesta Mexican Party Theme Ideas
Visit the web story for Football Game Day Party Food Ideas